CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

8th October 2018, 14:50
Marca, think of tables (not for eating on!)….
41 of 74  -   Report This Post

styleyd

8th October 2018, 15:00
I think there is an extra level to this one, with the title, birthday, date and number.
42 of 74  -   Report This Post

marca

8th October 2018, 15:10
Goodness, thank you Malone.
43 of 74  -   Report This Post

jigjag

8th October 2018, 19:23
Styleyd

yes this brilliant EV is certainly of the highest level for the reasons you state.

I think there is one unfortunate aspect. The theme is clearly to do with the second most famous physicist (5,4), but the quotation is usually attributed to the most famous one (6,8) who unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how you look at it, also features.

The pre-amble states "...associated with one of the physicists" , but it is often attributed to the 2 of them. I am not aware if has ever been attributed to the third (6,5)

I dont know if the 18D was aware of this. Really enjoyed all aspects of great puzzle.

44 of 74  -   Report This Post

manic mary

9th October 2018, 11:04
I did warn everyone I would be back. Have read all the posts a number of times but have not yet come to any firm conclusions, suspect a number of my letters are wrong thanks to ineffective parsing eg. 1a "Brought into incorporated existence alongside carbon" have 'born' but other than a correct definition how has it got there? Similarly with 1d "Every two years, good amateur seen in love here" Biennial.
Am presuming that it is to do with a certain toxic element and that the man with the fuzzy hair and no socks is one of the perps, as to the other two...........is one a Dane, and one with connections (in name) to the car trade??
As to where to find the names?? Are the 6 entries all jumbled together and the 3 names taken from the one jumble or do 2 entries = 1 name?
Help much appreciated physics is a lost cause to me.
Thank you.
45 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

9th October 2018, 11:21
1 A. I'm not sure how Born works, but it's right.

1 D Bien = good, Nil= in love, nothing + add A, amateur.

For the people... two entries, anagrammed together = I person (forename and surname). So you need 3 x 2 clues.
I hope this doesn't scare you off after last week's 'cyclist' difficulties! You're right about the fuzzy-haired man - so you just need to track down the clues that provide the letters in his name.

46 of 74  -   Report This Post

ginge

9th October 2018, 11:36
Hi malone, re 1a look at your post #41 !
47 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

9th October 2018, 12:09
Thanks, Ginge.
48 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

9th October 2018, 12:11
MM, it maybe doesn't matter too much but there was an error in my Biennial stuff. Nil = love, the 'in' refers to the A that gets put inside it.
49 of 74  -   Report This Post

manic mary

9th October 2018, 14:26
Thank you Malone et al, Seem to have an 8 letter word that helps with the fuzzy haired chap but am struggling to find the appropriate 6 to go with it. Also, am I on the right lines with the other two people? Can't seem to track down their names either.
50 of 74  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1351