CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

prospero

7th December 2017, 08:03
I concur with the sentiments expressed that it's great to have the setter's feedback. I've completed every one of the 174 to date and (I believe) correctly, though as the Guardian doesn't keep records, it's hard to know for sure. This, for Soup's info, is definitely in the hardest 10% - but I wouldn't want him to be easing up on the parsing as that's part of the fun ... Incidentally, have never been able to make the code tags work and get something into italics!
41 of 44  -   Report This Post

peterm

7th December 2017, 10:48
I'd like to add my voice to those thanking Soup for taking the trouble to post on this thread. I thought the puzzle was well-crafted, enjoyable and suitably fiendish for a Genius. If you're still looking at this thread, Soup, and you're looking for the ultimate challenge, you'd be more than welcome to try your hand at this week's Peer Review (as would anyone else, of course).
42 of 44  -   Report This Post

tintin

7th December 2017, 11:48
I agree it's great to have the setter dropping in on this thread. Congratulations Soup and thank you for my "Eureka" moment!
43 of 44  -   Report This Post

hamishsoup

7th December 2017, 18:46
Thanks, all. Will try that other puzzle! Should say that I'm not here fishing for compliments, just genuinely interested in what people thought of the puzzle to try to do better next time. I did think it was going to be quite hard; puzzles with an extra letter in like this are usually a sod. If anyone's interested, it was actually pretty straightforward to set - once I'd had the idea, the grid came together in an hour and ten minute train ride from King's Cross to Cambridge, and the clues took another four or five hours.

Don't know if I'm allowed to say what else I do (if not, apologies, mods) - I also edit 1 Across (http://www.1across.co.uk) and set custom puzzles (http://www.customcrypticcrosswords.com) which are quite fun for birthdays and things. Not enough time now for Christmas, though!

Wonder if this will come out in italics.
44 of 44  -   Report This Post