CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

samovar

14th November 2017, 12:51
Forget my last post...I've found the song! Thanks so much for your help,
41 of 52  -   Report This Post

malone

14th November 2017, 12:57
Samovar, you're welcome.
42 of 52  -   Report This Post

bunty

14th November 2017, 16:21
I have changed 8d , written the song title underneath the grid, filled in the perimeter clockwise half and anti clockwise half.... am I done now ... or is there more?
43 of 52  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

14th November 2017, 18:27
That's all I've done Bunty.
44 of 52  -   Report This Post

bunty

14th November 2017, 18:35
Thanks alwayspuzzled
45 of 52  -   Report This Post

orson

15th November 2017, 16:41
I'm fairly sure I've finished this puzzle correctly, although I think Eyes and Nose would be a more accurate title.

I was confused for a while by message 19. I think what is meant is that a word associated with "paper" and another word for "party" give the last word of the song title, not the song. That is "away".
46 of 52  -   Report This Post

gazzar

15th November 2017, 23:01
As usual I am joining this thread late. I've entered the answers to every clue but am now stuck.
Firstly, I can't work out the song title. Secondly, are real words formed on replacing 8dn? (I can see the actor's name so formed but am struggling with the rest). And as for the perimeter, all I can see is that it will read the same in both directions from the top left...
Any help would be gratefully received!
47 of 52  -   Report This Post

ginge

15th November 2017, 23:17
Hi gazzar, replacing 8d into (4,7) will give the name of the singer, there are not many alternatives that form real words and not all are altered. Once you have this googling the name and looking at the full lyrics of the appropriate song (there aren't that many hits to look at if you haven't yet sussed the 8 letter word hinted at fromthe 5 pairs of extra words which is in the title).
48 of 52  -   Report This Post

ginge

15th November 2017, 23:19
I should have added; remember the reference to the (4,7) in the preamble.
49 of 52  -   Report This Post

sunray

15th November 2017, 23:50
Another way to find the song is to Google what you know (as I did):

Take the two recurring words from the perimeter and write them three times and then write "song". You will see it as the second or third search result.

A A A song. A represents the two words from the perimeter.
50 of 52  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1304