CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

samovar

13th November 2017, 22:15
The balance was perfect.
Thanks again.
31 of 52  -   Report This Post

malone

13th November 2017, 22:18
Thanks, samovar. I enjoyed this puzzle, though found it tough in places.
32 of 52  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

14th November 2017, 06:35
As always I am a little behind everybody else. I still need one answer ( 27 down - Polish cross about Spain? Yes, Spain! ) where I have s?ean. I suspect one of those letters may be wrong. The song title is also puzzling me. I thought I had that given the perimeter and the new entry at 8 down but the comment above about paper party being the last two words of the song has thrown me. Any pointers would be welcome.
33 of 52  -   Report This Post

ginge

14th November 2017, 07:47
Hi alwayspuzzled,
2nd. The letters you have are fine, extra word polish; the usual abbreviation for Spain in a synonym for cross. The amended clue (and answer) will become clear if you look in Chambers.
Remember 5 pairs of the extra words cryptically least to the same 8 letter word which is in the song title and may well be the last word in the song, I didn't need to go that far.
Hope this helps.
34 of 52  -   Report This Post

ginge

14th November 2017, 07:49
A couple of typos and "wrong"autocorrections.
2nd should be 27d.
Least should be lead.
35 of 52  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

14th November 2017, 10:21
Many thanks for that Ginge. I know what you mean about auto-correct. It is a nightmare when I am typing German.
36 of 52  -   Report This Post

samovar

14th November 2017, 12:06
I think I may have the 8 letter word, but am not at all sure, as I don't know a three word song title which includes it. It is a word which the Met Office might use. Anyone able to tell me if I am heading in the right direction ?
37 of 52  -   Report This Post

malone

14th November 2017, 12:12
The song title is a bit slangy- especially the first word. The third word is the 8-letter one.
38 of 52  -   Report This Post

samovar

14th November 2017, 12:31
Thanks, Malone. I googled what I think is the last word, and have found a three word title. Hope I googled the right word !
39 of 52  -   Report This Post

samovar

14th November 2017, 12:45
I spoke too soon! Having just googled what I thought was the song, the first line doesn't explain anything remotely to do with removing words from clues. Now I'm thinking my 8 letter word must be wrong. Can you give me another hint ?
40 of 52  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1304