CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smartie

23rd January 2017, 12:50
Thanks Orson and Crates - all done now!
31 of 33  -   Report This Post

dryden

23rd January 2017, 13:35
I don't want to spread confusion, but I am reluctant to spell out what I have spotted because I'm not completely sure that it isn't just an accident of grid construction.

What I will say is that if I'm right (and that's a big if) then those solvers going for the items in straight paths should be correct. There is a key phrase in the penultimate sentence of the preamble that could provide a cryptic clue to something I noticed in the grid.

If you don't see what I'm getting at then just go with your instincts.
32 of 33  -   Report This Post

notrab

23rd January 2017, 15:09
I cannot imagine that the options for entering the main dish were overlooked either by the setter or the checkers. That being so there is either one correct entry or any entry can be correct. I cannot see that there is anything in the preamble that directs one to a single correct entry (which does not mean that there is no such guidance). I do not sent in entries but if I did I would be an inclined to highlight all the possible entries - though the thought of multiple such meals leads to a certain queasiness!
33 of 33  -   Report This Post