CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quiztime

12th October 2016, 17:22
It doesn't offend me. I just would like to see someone say I am happy to ask loads from this quiz as I am keen to win the prize. The clues will get easier and easier so they may as well be answers and in the past virtually every question gets asked which is a shame when the setters must spend a long time making up the excellent clues.
151 of 367  -   Report This Post

malone

12th October 2016, 17:42
I find it sadder that some people seem reluctant to donate to the charity unless and until they've had help. My entry went off with 87'answers- I had great fun(mostly!) solving those. The cost/donation was well worth it,considering the amount of work the compilers had put in.
152 of 367  -   Report This Post

rigby

12th October 2016, 20:20
Could someone please give me a clue to No. 45? Thank you.
153 of 367  -   Report This Post

corinne76

12th October 2016, 22:33
Rugby the answer I have is a famous artist whose name fits the clues given.
Any hint but not answer please for 28.
154 of 367  -   Report This Post

elle

12th October 2016, 22:56
The following is listed under The Rules for the Rainbow Quiz:

"Entry Fee. We are asking for an entry fee of £1, but if you have enjoyed the puzzle additional donations would be greatly appreciated. Even if you do not manage to solve all the clues please do send in your entry. Even if your score is on the low side many others may have done no better and each unsubmitted entry means not only that you have had your fun for nothing but also, more importantly, there will be less to donate to the charity."

Surely this indicates that the setters expect you to send in your OWN work?
Why else would they even mention that?

As Malone has just said, he sent his entry in uncompleted, but done to the best of his ability.
155 of 367  -   Report This Post

rigby

12th October 2016, 23:02
Thanks corinne. I had already worked out the answer. No28 is an anagram of 4 words which give the name of a group. The answer is a singer in this group.
156 of 367  -   Report This Post

mamya

12th October 2016, 23:06
Elle, and others who have made similar points - I wholeheartedly agree.

My entry was done and in the enevelope as quickly as possible because I know the inevitability of what happens now, both here and to a lesser extent elsewhere.

As an avid quizzer, I'm surprised so many don't get the same pleasure from labouring and getting ;their' own answers, not someone else's.

I got 4 marked quizzes back today alone - 2 had wrong answers and I chuckled at my errors, but I'll learn from them with those setters in the future, having learned how they work.
157 of 367  -   Report This Post

betty

13th October 2016, 15:36
I have 37 starting with a Y and am certain it is correct.

Thanks for your hint on 27. I will look in Roget's.
betty
158 of 367  -   Report This Post

wilhemina

13th October 2016, 16:03
The more people who send in entries the more money is raised for charity. Help is irrelevant..keep calm and carry on!
159 of 367  -   Report This Post

malone

13th October 2016, 16:46
Exactly, Wilhelmina - people can send in their entries without asking for help. The charity will benefit! I'd like to think that there's only a few people unwilling to pay £1 for the fun they've had solving 70, 80, 90 great clues.
160 of 367  -   Report This Post