CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

22nd June 2016, 09:55
Meursault, I think R=take/recipe featured in a recent Spectator crossword so the information was still in my mind!
61 of 65  -   Report This Post

binks

22nd June 2016, 11:33

So many wrong turns you could make on this and I made most of them. I thought 23d had M as the first letter with Grand Man at 21d as the definition. I thought the ENABLERS linked to Players (in the business sense) at 28d - wrong again.

I also had A as the discarded letter in 21d due to sheer carelessness giving me TEEPEAMIR which got me stuck again.

Finally got the instruction and it's all making sense. Thanks everyone for the hints. Very tough for me but rewarding .
62 of 65  -   Report This Post

escuan

22nd June 2016, 16:49
Thanks, Smartie & Gitto. All done now, though I still can't find 10 across as a musician rather then as a type of music. No matter - what a fiendish puzzle. I didn't think I had a ghost of a chance of completing it!
63 of 65  -   Report This Post

binks

23rd June 2016, 16:19
Listener 4403 finally sorted, today's a good day to have a go at Shackleton's Referendum themed puzzle, Playing Fields of Eton at crossword.org.uk.
Easier than the Listener but with a few tricky clues and leftover letters. There are obvious things to highlight but some ambiguous (to me) clues give me a selection of leftover letters that don't make sense. I have letters that make BEMOCRATS. Can't see a D there.
Instruction says "choose these letters" rather than highlight them. Hmm. Anyone else there?

64 of 65  -   Report This Post

binks

23rd June 2016, 21:48
The T was wrong - 2 R's. T was just as valid in the clue but position on grid makes a difference. Think I was looking for something extra that's not there. Was expecting the 9 letters to make an X or an anagram.
65 of 65  -   Report This Post