CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pendragon

6th October 2015, 10:58
AGA?
21 of 68  -   Report This Post

nikki

6th October 2015, 11:00
Thanks, Manu. A?A could refer to a stove, but I would not say it is found in a kitchen in most homes!
22 of 68  -   Report This Post

puzzledpom

6th October 2015, 11:02
Try sticking the "hospital" abbreviation at the end.

I hope this isn't seen as too directive an answer.
23 of 68  -   Report This Post

manu

6th October 2015, 11:03
Thank you pendragon. In my 6 years in England, I've never come across one.
I'd discarded the word on the account that a Turkish officer has nothing to do in a kitchen. Now a quick visit to my dear friend google has enlightened me.

24 of 68  -   Report This Post

manu

6th October 2015, 11:14
Best Genius crossword in ages. If the penny hasn't dropped yet, be patient. And expect waves of elation when it does.
25 of 68  -   Report This Post

martin

6th October 2015, 11:29
I hope so. The only waves I'm experiencing with this one so far are of frustration.
26 of 68  -   Report This Post

garble

6th October 2015, 11:38
I had managed to come up with all of the solutions yesterday (except apparently the kitchen pair) and had fit them into the grid. However, it seems I had the NE and SW blocks transposed and, weirdly, they can be easily swapped, yielding two palindromes for the kitchen pair as opposed to the reversible pair I had before. Now the problem is which orientation is correct, since the centripetal pattern of entries allows for two possible solutions with respect to the grid (or 4 if swapping the blocks is kosher). And I have no idea of which Roman numeral is appropriate for the center.
27 of 68  -   Report This Post

manu

6th October 2015, 11:58
Garble, it's all about finding out which game is mentioned in the instructions...
28 of 68  -   Report This Post

rh142

6th October 2015, 14:08
Struggling somewhat here - I've got (I think) quite a few of the 20 numbered clues and a few of the unnumbered ones. Some of the twenty would fit a theme of a game - but others don't seem to have anything to do with it; I'm obviously missing something.
One question - is the Roman Numeral 'D'?
29 of 68  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th October 2015, 14:51
Sorry, for those who've finished, I assume the answers to (eg) 12 and 13 somehow fit the theme (although I can't imagine how)?
30 of 68  -   Report This Post