CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lynbejack

5th October 2015, 22:57
Will have another look at this tomorrow to see if I can get my head round it. Not holding out a lot of hope though.
11 of 68  -   Report This Post

ixion

5th October 2015, 22:58
Yes...I didn't explain that very well!
12 of 68  -   Report This Post

mattrom

5th October 2015, 23:01
Thanks, will plug on.
13 of 68  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th October 2015, 08:32
I've got about half of the solutions and even tentatively entered 4 of them into the grid but have now ground to a halt. I can see a sort of 'link' emerging but a couple of my answers bear no relation whatsoever (that I can see) to the others. I did notice, in the later comments to Monday's cryptic, that some people had completed the Genius very quickly and refer to it as an excellent puzzle. Hey ho..... onward and upward..... still waiting for that penny dropping moment myself.
14 of 68  -   Report This Post

jadzia49

6th October 2015, 09:45
Ditto
15 of 68  -   Report This Post

puzzledpom

6th October 2015, 10:01
My experience as well. Maybe five of my dozen solutions might just be a "game" theme and would make sense with the centre square as an important element.

But my other answers appear a random, unconnected bunch.
16 of 68  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th October 2015, 10:22
Of the answers I have which don't seem to fit the 'emerging theme', apart from two of them (12 and 13), I can see a 'link' taking just part of the words. So, a couple of them end in the same letters (which are a word in their own right); others start and end, with a different group of letters forming another word. Both these 'partial words' could conceivably fit the main theme (at a stretch). But that still leaves me with 12 and 13. Think I'm clutching at straws. I need to take a break and come back to it.
17 of 68  -   Report This Post

james

6th October 2015, 10:45
Centripetal would also imply that, for example, the entry at "7A" needs to be entered in reverse - i.e., the first letter of the solution starts at the square numbered "8".

Do we agree?
18 of 68  -   Report This Post

nikki

6th October 2015, 10:50
I have answers for all but 3 of the clued clues. I am still struggling to enter them into the grid and have no idea of the theme.
I don't know how to read one of the clues I have no answer for: Last of dozen dashed over between times to hospital.
Why 'to hospital'? Any hint gratefully accepted!
19 of 68  -   Report This Post

manu

6th October 2015, 10:57
"Last of dozen" is the definition
"dashed over" is a synonym of dashed entered backwards inside 2 "times" and a "hospital", initially

I've finished all but for the two kitchen items. One seems to be a brand and I'm confident with it. The other one I can't find (a?a). Any hint?
I hate unclued solutions.
20 of 68  -   Report This Post