CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

11th August 2015, 21:53
Well now, that is a shame, aristo, I really went for Terao when he was fighting.
Probably wise, though. I'm a whizz at Ogoshi (major hip throw).
31 of 53  -   Report This Post

rosalind

11th August 2015, 22:01
I just looked up Mountain Equipment- you can pay £120 for a pair of climbing trousers!!!!
I think I'll go for the Craghoppers, they have zip off legs which is great if it rains, you just zip em off. I'm not a really serious walker chrise, I shall work up to about 6 miles over the next two months and that's it.
Or age group can buy "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" and they are supremely comfortable, fit properly and look great.
32 of 53  -   Report This Post

chrise

11th August 2015, 22:06
You don't have to be a serious walker to regret walking in wet jeans, rosalind! - but whatever is cheapest and not denim would be better.
33 of 53  -   Report This Post

rossim

11th August 2015, 22:33
This is turning into a long chatty thread. Watch out!
34 of 53  -   Report This Post

pigale

11th August 2015, 22:34
What's all this fuss about wearing skin-tight leggings !

I do not wear jeans because I don't feel comfortable in them - never have done. BUT I do wear very close fitting leggings and find them extremely comfortable. And I wear bright colours and buy my stuff in same shops as everyone else, whatever the age group.

The main thing is to have dress sense and avoid wearing something in which we look ridiculous. if your figure permits it, and if you have remained young in character, then you can wear what you want - you will look grand in it!
35 of 53  -   Report This Post

rusty

11th August 2015, 22:40
Rosalind, Mountain Equipment is one of many climbing/walking brands whose products are expensive.
Craghoppers, and Regatta especially, make decent gear at sensible prices.
36 of 53  -   Report This Post

elle

11th August 2015, 22:51
Hi Pigale!
I think this has divided into two separate topics.......the discussion began with doglet's remarking about liking to wear jeans, with which Rossim, Rosalind and I concurred.
But then Rosalind mentioned "walking" trousers...which led to a discussion about suitable gear for wet weather etc.
But yes, I do so agree with you! if we have suitable dress sense and look good in what we are wearing and if, as you say, we have the appropriate figure to wear it, then yes, we will look fine in whatever we choose to wear.
37 of 53  -   Report This Post

rusty

11th August 2015, 22:55
Regatta have an "outlet", I think they call it, shop.
Clothes are cheap there.
Walking jackets, fleeces etc.
38 of 53  -   Report This Post

elle

11th August 2015, 23:08
Yes, I'd endorse that, Ros. Regatta are a reliable outfitter and not too expensive. Quite a lot of the larger garden centres have a Regatta shop on the premises. At least they do, our way.
The main thing is to have some comfortable walking boots/shoes if you are going to do some serious walking. But you've probably got those already?
If not, I bought a new pair of boots last year from 'Trespass'. Mine are Nubucks and I'm extremely pleased with them! (I got them in a half price sale, too!)
39 of 53  -   Report This Post

rusty

11th August 2015, 23:10
Oops!
I meant Regatta Outlet on-line!
40 of 53  -   Report This Post