CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

doglet

28th May 2015, 09:13
trying to do crossword but one of the cats wants to sit on the keyboard at over a stone he is winning the battle,the dogs are lying in the sun weather lovely but going down hill tomorrow
101 of 30765  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

28th May 2015, 09:19
I have followed with great interest how this thread has evolved from the first few serious pages to the present page where lots of users are having fun chatting together, this is the very essence of the friendly spirit we are trying to engender on Forum, everyone at peace with the world and talking together with no back biting or falling out, long may it continue.

I have no intention of deleting this thread so I thought it appropriate to clarify my earlier statement about long chatty threads being deleted.

Threads in which lots of Forum users take part in an amicable way are fine within reason, obviously we don’t want dozens on the go at once to the detriment of the Crossword threads.

What I don’t want to see again are threads mainly between two users about which I get constant mutterings and complaints, as I said earlier there are other media forms such as Messenger for one on one chats.

I hope this clarifies the issue
102 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th May 2015, 09:20
Enjoy your nice weather, Doglet.
Wish I could say the same!
103 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

28th May 2015, 10:40
Morning, Rusty!
Lovely weather here, you don't live in the right place!
I'm now confused by what Norah has just said....it was lovely having so many people chatting yesterday - great camaradie! - but is she now saying that you and I can't talk at all unless there are multi contributions? that isn't what she told us before, is it? just that we shouldn't talk too much and too often and not let the thread get too long? We were all set to go along with that. and do our best to co-operate with her rules. ( I know she does do her best in a difficult situation. and she was very kind and helpful to us, passing messages backwards and forwards.)
What do you think?

Doglet, so this doesn't escalate.. I'm going to email you....

Rossim, be thankful that the mouse was dead! My cats have always brought in everything alive! From mice, to birds, frogs and even a wriggling stag beetle - I drew the line at that last 'present'!
104 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th May 2015, 10:48
Hello, Elle!
I think Norah has hit on a winner with this type of thread. Thanks to Mamya I have been singing "The Rose o' Allendale" all morning!
For me, it is a better format.
Similar to the "Persiflage" of Pastille.
Try just sticking to this thread and see how it develops.
I was in kinks at Aristo's offering last night!
105 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th May 2015, 10:55
Lots of posts on this thread now.
My favourite, so far, is Post 90 !
106 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th May 2015, 11:10
Listening to the Corries. Cheered up my morning.
107 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

28th May 2015, 11:13
Hi, Rusty!
Anything that enables us ( and others) to chat without aggro is fine by me! I like a peaceful life , believe it or not! ( unless I feel compelled to fight my corner!)
Yes, wasn't Aristo funny?
We should have his contribution framed !
( I didn't understand Kenyatta's input though , altho I'm assuming it wasn't very friendly. And I've never heard of the Small Faces? What era was that?)
How are the girls? Are all the exams over with ?
108 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th May 2015, 11:18
The Small Faces were a pop group of the sixties.
I am probably wrong, but I have an idea that Rod Stewart started out with them, or maybe it was Stevie Winwood.
I liked the Corries, Jazzgirl!
Originally they had a girl singing with them.
Paddy Bell, her name was.
109 of 30765  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th May 2015, 11:21
steve marriott to start with, rusty. rod stewart joined a little later, when they became the faces, i think
110 of 30765  -   Report This Post