CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

19th April 2015, 13:44
Sorry - meant to say change BBC to base 10 from base 13
21 of 72  -   Report This Post

demeter

19th April 2015, 15:59
I don't understand C across. I assume the answer is 'ABELE'. I get the first and last letters, but why does 'son' give 'bel'?
22 of 72  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

19th April 2015, 16:00
Does anyone still need the shapes?

Am happy to consolidate information to get a leg up with the q&a, and/or the thematic sequences!
23 of 72  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

19th April 2015, 16:02
Demeter, Abel was Adam's second son (Kane & Abel)

Gardener is a reference to Garden of Eden

E is the base of logarithms
24 of 72  -   Report This Post

scarlett

19th April 2015, 16:03
Wasn't Abel the 2nd son??
25 of 72  -   Report This Post

demeter

19th April 2015, 16:09
Yes, sorry, I'm embarrassed to have missed that! I was blinded by the fact that 'gardeners' second' seemed to give 'a' (of course, it doesn't, because the apostrophe is in the wrong place).

Yes, a hint for the shapes please?

Thanks
26 of 72  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

19th April 2015, 16:18
Demeter, this is quite difficult without the ability to draw for you, but if this doesn't make sense tell me and I'll try again:

Starting from the top left, the first block is made up of the first four blocks of the top row, the first five from the second row, and the first four from the third row.

If you repeat this shape for rows four, five and six, and then mirror to the right hand side. In the middle then you will see the two different shapes.

If you then mirror the whole lot to the bottom half, you will have 8 identical shapes, and 4 different shapes, all containing 13 lights.

Hope this helps
27 of 72  -   Report This Post

carpox1

19th April 2015, 16:42
Saddleworthian, the Q & A letters begin with 21 across and end with 1 down. I’m also struggling with the sequence, so can't help with that, I'm afraid.
28 of 72  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

19th April 2015, 16:57
I'll keep you informed if I get any further with the sequencing.

In the meantime, thanks for your guidance.

If I'm understanding correctly the 10th letters of 10 consecutive clues are...I, U, S, C, E, E, P, D, U & L

Am I looking at an anagram? 10 letters does not seem many for a question, answer and author???
29 of 72  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

19th April 2015, 16:58
I hope BeRo is looking down upon us and enjoying our helpless floundering!
30 of 72  -   Report This Post