CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

demeter

26th October 2014, 14:27
"page 19 of the separate Sport section."

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, my wife's thrown that bit of the paper away.
31 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

26th October 2014, 14:34
I hoped that wasn't going to be the case! The crossword got moved/shunted to the Sports section - last year, I think. It used to be in the magazine/colour supplement.
32 of 41  -   Report This Post

don

26th October 2014, 17:01
I have a copy but obviously I would need your address
33 of 41  -   Report This Post

nelson

26th October 2014, 18:07
I've a
34 of 41  -   Report This Post

nelson

26th October 2014, 18:11
I've a vague feeling that a printable version is available on line in the week after publication. Came across it once some time ago, so maybe not now. Worth googling though.
35 of 41  -   Report This Post

demeter

26th October 2014, 18:53
don,

Could you send it to dwyermart@gmail.com ?

Thanks.
36 of 41  -   Report This Post

snowyowl

26th October 2014, 22:03
The end play to this seems rather ambiguous. The first 2 verticals and the last 7 letters of the 3rd vertical seem certain. The extra 2 letters in the 3rd vertical improve the illustration but I don't understand their relevance. Are they a thematic abbreviation, perhaps for what the 7 letter name produced? I can't confirm this anywhere. Initially I had the 8 letter word at the bottom, and assumed the 3rd vertical was the cause and the first 2 verticals and the 8 letter word the effect but I like the 4,2,6 option otherwise it's rather a coincidence. But I don't see how this contributes to the illustration. And is this then the effect with all 3 verticals being the cause? At one point I was also considering a 4 letter diagonal word starting in the 3rd vertical. With the 9,9,7 verticals and the 8 letter word at the bottom this gave 37 letters but only 36 cells, and I went off the idea. I think that when you solve something you should feel confident that it's right but it doesn't look as if this is going to happen in this case, or are we ALL missing something?
37 of 41  -   Report This Post

trackerpup

26th October 2014, 23:21
B could mean bowled by, c an initial. Unsure of last cells to highlight, was trying st-s as abbrev for stitches ie effect "in stiches" but cant get numbers required Not got satisfactory answer yet.
38 of 41  -   Report This Post

nelson

27th October 2014, 09:45
C is the initial of the first name of the person in third column.
39 of 41  -   Report This Post

snowyowl

28th October 2014, 20:25
Thanks Trackerpup and Nelson.. I had noticed the initial of the name but was puzzled by the 1st character.
40 of 41  -   Report This Post