CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » gndt

lady bee

7th October 2014, 14:37
According to Chambers, one meaning of Batten is to 'feed abundantly'. You always learn new meanings of common words when you do the Rainbow Quiz.
131 of 216  -   Report This Post

anotheray

7th October 2014, 15:35
Hello again Lady Bee
Back again - have been away from everything for a few days, but have now completed the quiz.
You are right, one always learns new meanings of words while doing the Rainbow Quizzes.
I would like to thank you and all the other members who have given help with additional clues enabling me to complete this quiz.
I might just add that hopefully clues only will be given (not complete answers) to respect the setters and allow for further research .
Hope to hear from you all again with the next Rainbow Quiz.
132 of 216  -   Report This Post

winnie

7th October 2014, 17:31
I, like anotheray, have finished this quiz now - thank you to everyone who has given me extra clues to complete the ones that I was stuck over. Often it is just matter of how you 'read' the clue.
I will keep looking in of this thread to see how you are doing - but good luck to you all and see you all next time round
133 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

7th October 2014, 17:50
Only got 33 to find now, the dreaded collar. Have been counting up and figures don't match so please.......

Is 33 a T-------

Is 37 also a T--------

I have 37 down as a G and cannot see which other ones are incorrect. Thanks
134 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

7th October 2014, 18:49
33 has to be T though going by the clues and hints and I am 99% sure My flower at 37 begins with G so I must check again. Any comments would be very welcome, thank you all.
135 of 216  -   Report This Post

winnie

7th October 2014, 20:08
Hi twinsnan - no-body seems to be helping you here so I will tell you that 33. ends with T, and 37 starts with G.

33 is a 6 letter word meaning 'secret' in the middle of two letters meaning the weight of gold for instance.

37 Is a three letter name of a type of fish + a three letter word for study + two letters meaning excellent.
Good Luck
136 of 216  -   Report This Post

anotheray

7th October 2014, 20:09
Hi Twinsnan
33 ends with a T
37 begins with a G
Well those are according to my answers
Good luck
137 of 216  -   Report This Post

winnie

7th October 2014, 21:07
Hi. Is there anyone on the forum to-night to discuss this clue.
All answers must end or begin with the letters G or T.
36. Pi....(get to the root of this one!) 6 letters
I have one answer - if I turn pi, I get the name of a root vegetable.
Then I have a second answer where I make an anagram of pi and root and get the answer of a TV sleuth.
My mind has become 'addled' with this one and I would welcome some help.
138 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

7th October 2014, 21:59
Winnie thank you so much for your kindness. So I have got 37 right, it was one of the easiest but I just wanted to check my numbers. I WILL solve the collar tomorrow and then count up once more. Will let you know when I have finished and will very much look forward to the next one......we always wonder what they will have lined up for us....amazing that they don't run out of ideas after all these years
139 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

7th October 2014, 22:04
Anotheray. Thank you very much for that.

Winnie. Me too, still not sure, was veering to the veg having put the sleuth but now I am leaning back to him again. Help!
140 of 216  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » gndt