CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » gndt

lady bee

6th October 2014, 17:43
33. It's probably a word you don't know. The weight is an abbreviation for the weight used in gold and it surrounds a word meaning secret, mysterious.

51. Doesn't refer to the Roald Dahl Mathilda but the song Waltzing Mathilda. The whole thing is a word for a scamp.

54. The diver is a bird, written backwards and initials for 'in charge'. Think Titanic!!!!

Thank you for the clearer lay-out. Much appreciated!!
121 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

6th October 2014, 18:16
My pleasure and thanks to you, wonderfully clear clues.
122 of 216  -   Report This Post

nocando

6th October 2014, 20:36
Looking for additional clues, not answers, to numbers
64, 76 and 85, can anyone help
123 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

7th October 2014, 08:17
If you scroll through there are such good clues to all those you ask for........I just wish I could get 17, it is bugging me more than others but am determined to work it out.
124 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

7th October 2014, 08:40
54. YES!! Note to self....read the clues properly. So obvious. Awake till 2am then got up and looked at 8.30 this morning and it just jumped out at me as so often happens. Will leave it for a while then attack 17 and 33.
125 of 216  -   Report This Post

nocando

7th October 2014, 11:20
many thanks for your comment twinsnan, however none of the previous clues have helped me to find the three answers I need to complete the puzzle, I'll just have to keep trying.
number 17 is a anagram of merry and another word for 'look', hope this is a help to you
126 of 216  -   Report This Post

lady bee

7th October 2014, 11:46
64. You need a six letter town in Merseyside, add the required letter for the quiz and the whole thing is illicit trade in music.

85. The answer is a herb, not a common one - it begins with a four letter Austrian composer, then French for 'a word' and the whole herb, I believe, gives the horrible taste to Earl Grey tea!!

76. Nothing to do with football but a game bird. Think of a word for good-humoured, nice- remove how League Loss is represented in the football charts and insert letter to represent Hearts.
127 of 216  -   Report This Post

nocando

7th October 2014, 12:38
many thanks Lady Bee, just seconds after my last post I managed to get the answer to 64, since receiving this post from yourself I have managed to get 85, so I now just need to find the answer to 76 and the puzzle is complete.
128 of 216  -   Report This Post

nocando

7th October 2014, 12:59
Thanks again Lady Bee, I've just managed to find the answer to 76, as usual once you see the answer you wonder why it took so long to find it. I now have 100 answers and feel quite confident that they are all correct, I have been doing the Rainbow puzzles for a few years and this is the first one I've completed.
129 of 216  -   Report This Post

gandolf34

7th October 2014, 13:17
All done with just a question mark over the first two syllables of 25 - my Chambers in in storage during building works, but I can't find any online connection between Batten and feed abundantly - or is it Fatten?
130 of 216  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » gndt