CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » gndt

twinsnan

5th October 2014, 18:51
Thank you for the welcome Winnie and the earth shattering news that Neville has made a mistake!! Surely a first. How they manage this twice a year is beyond me though and I am so glad they do because despite all the screaming and late nights and kicking oneself these are the best puzzles I have ever done in the 16 years I have been doing them. Will get stuck in tomorrow and see how I get on. Stay online please, even if you have finished as I know I will need some clues very soon.
111 of 216  -   Report This Post

penangpete

6th October 2014, 08:13
Hello mamya

A bit hesitant about incurring your wrath, but I'll beg forgiveness and hope you may be able to help me out of a dilemma!
Question 36 is 'Pi (Get to the root of this one) and I have two answers which seem to fit the criteria!
The first I found by making an anagram of pi and root. This gave me a very famous fictional character who 'gets to the root of' each mystery.
On a second trawl through the quiz, I found that I could replace the verb 'get' with another, make a further anagram and discover a 'root'.
One ends with the correct letter and the other starts with the same correct letter!
If you feel able, could you please indicate which may be incorrect??
112 of 216  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

6th October 2014, 12:39
Hello Penangpete. Think your second answer might be on the right track. Think vegetable.
113 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

6th October 2014, 14:38
I did exactly the same thing, had the very famous detective but then changed it to one of my least favourite root vegetables.....and I am a vegetarian! have both answers jotted down but am veering more to the veg.
114 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

6th October 2014, 14:52
Okay, have spent a couple of hours on quiz this morning using the weather as my excuse not to do anything else. Stuck on some which I know are simple but brain will not click on! 14. Must be another name for paws with the addition of two letters? 17. Still trying to find another word for look around which will work. 31. Anagram of ????? 33. No idea about jewelled collar. 51. 53. 54. 57. Must be combo of other words for bloke + lad + apartment then anagrammed? 62. Trying to think of wooden utensils, my friend said I should have been watching Flog It but I haven't so no idea. 64. Trying to find the correct Merseyside town and then work out what to do with it. 74. I realise it is part of Antigua but not worked it out yet. So not done badly considering I only started on Friday but have been greatly helped by some of the clues here and from my friend with whom I swopped some. Great to be back in it again. Help please friends old and new!!
115 of 216  -   Report This Post

lady bee

6th October 2014, 15:16
14. A basic word for paws and both sides of the river - it's a word thing, just follow what the clue says, inserted in the middle.

17. Clue given earlier in this thread - in fact you'll probably get a lot of clues if you trawl through it.

53. Anagram of first word, removing common letter to express student.

57. Normal word for apartment containing words for bloke and lad and the whole thing means flashy

62. Hidden in question

64. Yes you need a Liverpool town, illicit to do with music

74. Another one hidden in question
116 of 216  -   Report This Post

lady bee

6th October 2014, 15:19
It would have been easier if you had listed your questions one under the other.

Just seen 31. Word for a small person containing anagram of roast and the whole is another word for a gourmet.
117 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

6th October 2014, 16:29
Thank you so much LadyBee. All the words for the apartment one were there on my pad before me, just hadn't put them together! Will work on your other hints this evening.
118 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

6th October 2014, 16:32
Lady Bee Also, sorry for not entering them in a methodical way....suitably chastened look on my face! Thank you for 31, would have had to work on that much longer. Back to it.
119 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

6th October 2014, 16:50
Just had several 'of course' moments as answers were staring me in the face. Thank you again Lady Bee. Now

17 I know what to work on from earlier clues
33 Absolutely no idea
51 Probably some abbreviations and ??? No idea yet
54. Not really worked on this yet so struggling.

There, that looks tidier and easier to read and hopefully respond to.

120 of 216  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » gndt