CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

20th September 2014, 18:05
Sorry the Referendum didn't pan out as you wished.....I noticed that the majority of Dundee voted 'Yes'....there was great rejoicing in East Dumbartonshire ( a resounding 'No' vote area) where my cousins live!!
Let's hope that good will now come from the result anyway, and everyone will eventually benefit.
So what have you been up to.....?
31 of 36  -   Report This Post

rusty

20th September 2014, 18:42
Yes, Elle, we are now the Republic of Dundee!
Yes, we move on, now.
Up to?
Well, my washing machine gave up the ghost after 13 faultless years. So, I have ordered a new one! Comes on Tuesday. This is the first day we have had sun for ages.
Are you still walking the dogs?
32 of 36  -   Report This Post

elle

20th September 2014, 19:16
We've swapped weather then!! this is the first day we HAVEN'T had any sun! It's been dull and humid - a storm brewing up, I'm thinking......
Yes, the dog still gets two walks a day on weekdays, and usually one very long one each Saturday and Sunday.
I ordered the first two books of the "Swallows and Amazon" series from Amazon - they arrived this morning!
33 of 36  -   Report This Post

rusty

20th September 2014, 19:28
Very good. I like Amazon!
Hope you enjoy them.
34 of 36  -   Report This Post

elle

20th September 2014, 20:48
I'm sure I shall - it's years though since I read them, so it will almost be new territory.
I might look into getting the subsequent books from the library. Our local library closed down recently, but a new one has just opened down on the village High Street. I will take a wander down and see what they have to offer.
(I'm reading a Michael Connelly at the moment, so they will have to wait until I've finished that).
Aren't you going to read "Swallows and Amazons" yourself?
35 of 36  -   Report This Post

rusty

20th September 2014, 20:56
I am!
I like stories for young folk now and again as a wee change.
Little House in the Big Woods etc.
I am not in a library. I recently got a card from the Government which does as a library card, apparently, as well as a bus pass! Will try it on the bus if my car gets snowbound this winter!
36 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @ Rusty