CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

6th September 2014, 22:38
RUSTY, I'm sorry...........I did answer your last message but my reply got buried below some talk I then had with Chris!
If you scroll down....you'll find it on post 15.........
21 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

6th September 2014, 23:00
Yes, that's fine, Elle!
I am using my mobile telephone to access the site and it is fairly fiddly, compared to laptop!! Hoping to get a new phone soon. Any suggesrions?
Had a quiet day. Had a walk in the afternoon and did
my crossword around teatime.
22 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

7th September 2014, 09:19
Top of the morning to you, Rusty!
Sorry I didn't get back to you last night.
Re your phone...I'm not conversant enough with modern technology to offer any useful advice! Mine only rings and texts! I cannot do anything such as emailing on it! will check with my daughter tho' - she's a computer whizz kid! - and get back to you on it.
A very misty morning so far...promises of sunshine later though.
Undecided at present whether to head for countryside or whether to support a local dog event - Battersea Cat and Dogs' Home is involved, and both our dogs(present and previous - we only have one at a time! ) came from there.
How is it in your neck of the woods?
23 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

7th September 2014, 11:19
Morning, Elle!
Fine day here with a freshening breeze.
I would head for the countryside if I were you!
I was out and about earlier (just in).
Just a walk along the Riverside near town.
Schiehallion is on hold!
Going to watch the hurling final on TV, and the Tour of Britain bike race.
A canny day!
24 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

7th September 2014, 20:10
Just got back -great day out. Lovely weather too!
Compromised by going first to the Dog Show with some friends, then headed for the fields so the dog could have a good run.
Then over to our daughter's for a meal - roast lamb. Delicious! esp when you don't have to cook it yourself!!
How were the hurling and the Tour of Britain.....?
25 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

7th September 2014, 20:56
Sounds like a great day out, Elle!
Especially the roast lamb part!
The hurling was brilliant.
A very hard fought draw in a very sporting manner.
Credit to both teams!
Kilkenny 31 Tipperary 31.
Today's stage of Tour of Britain was won by super sprinter Marcel Kittel.
A nice easy day I had!
26 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

7th September 2014, 21:31
It sounds like you had a satisfying day yourself, Rusty!Glad the match was enjoyable.
How long ago is it since you left Ireland? Did you grow up in Scotland or only move there as an adult?
I asked about phones.....my son-in-law said that if you want more clarity and easier 'fingerability ' ( I think I made that word up) then go for a large screen size, say 5", android phone. Does that mean anything to you? Double Dutch to me!!
27 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

7th September 2014, 21:56
I have been across here for many years, Elle!
So much so, that I now support Scotland if they play Ireland at football, but Ireland when they play Scotland at rugby! I have a foot in both camps!
I agree with your son-in-law. This phone I have is a smallish Android and my next will have a larger screen.
Going back to the computer shop in the morning to see if they will fix my laptop properly, this time!
28 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

7th September 2014, 22:19
So what are your views on the Referendum?
According to the Times today, there has been a sudden swing to the "Yes" camp. My family in Kirkintilloch are strongly against withdrawal from the UK.
What - should that be 'How'? - do YOU think?
29 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

7th September 2014, 22:51
The Referendum?
The best indicator of how any event will go, in my opinion, are the bookies odds.
It was possible to get 8-1 a month ago for a Yes vote. Today it is just over 2-1.
A No result is still odds on to win, in spite of today's poll.
I am voting Yes, and I cant grasp why anyone in Scotland would vote No.
I have several non Scots neighbours. English, Northern Irish, Hungarian. They are all voting Yes.
It is going to be interesting!
30 of 44  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » For Rusty