CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

5th September 2014, 20:36
Hi, Rusty!
God Bless Chambers! Where would we be without it!
How's your week been ?
1 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

5th September 2014, 20:48
Chambers is the biz!
Week has been fne, how about your's?
I have not been on forum very much.
My laptop has been playing up and it is in the computer shop to see if they can make any sense of it. Sending this from my phone.
Not so easy!
2 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

5th September 2014, 21:03
At least you have your phone as a back up - all mine does is ring! that's about all I can cope with - I'm definitely not space-age minded!
Did they say how long your laptop would take to fix?
Had a good week.......been an eventful one; the four-year old grandkids started primary school this week (on Thursday). Big day for them! but you've been there, done that already with your own grandchildren.
My grandson came out of school saying what "fun" school was! Strange, it wasn't my recollection of my first day at school.... we sat at our desks and "learned"!!!!!! the only fun we had was in the playground at break time!
3 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

5th September 2014, 21:16
My laptop is ready, now, Elle. I got a call around 19.30 and will collect it tomorrow. Apparently it has had a "full MOT" and "deep cleaning"!
No, my schooldays were awful. I had not a clue why I was there. Hated school.
Anyway almost the weekend again.
Any plans?
4 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

5th September 2014, 21:36
My printer is on the blink at the moment so couldn't print out today's Times Crosswords ( I've had withdrawal symptoms!) Glad your laptop is fixed.
Nothing special planned for tomorrow so far...apart from the usual dog walks. See what the day brings.......
Sunday we are going for dinner at our elder daughter's(mother of the 6 and 4 year-old boys) .
How about you? anything particular in mind?
5 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

5th September 2014, 22:08
Nothing tomorrow, except collecting laptop.
On Sunday I may take my car over to Schiehallion.
Have a bit of a trek up. Not been there for a few years.
Hopefully there are no midgies!
6 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

5th September 2014, 22:29
Schiehallion being ........what?
A mountain....... a hill?.......
Is it rough walking/climbing? or are there paths? (a good opportunity to wear your new boots!)
(Use insect repellent!)

I have to go now, as my husband wants to have a look at the printer to see if he can fix it - I'm using a desk top and the printer is situated underneath it, so I've got to move out of the way!
Catch you tomorrow ........'Night!

7 of 44  -   Report This Post

rusty

6th September 2014, 08:37
Schiehallion is a mountain. It's name means "fairy hill of the Caledonians". I would call it a rough scramble and there is a knee and ankle twisting boulder field at the summit. Great views though!
However, I am on plan B now.
I had forgotten the All Ireland hurling final is on Sky Sports. Kilkenny v Tipperary. I cant miss that!
So, it will be a local dander in the morning and then the hurling!
8 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

6th September 2014, 09:02
Morning!
Sounds a good plan though for another day! maybe next w/e?
What about today? apart from collecting your laptop?
I've also realised there is sport to be watched , but this afternoon! Athletics - City games at Gateshead at 2.30, so walk must be over by then! (got to get one's priorities right!)
Couldn't fix printer, so cannot print off Times Xwords (friend sends me screen shots from his ipad) so just away to the shop to buy today's Times...back in 10 mins............
9 of 44  -   Report This Post

elle

6th September 2014, 20:07
Nothing went as planned.......!
We decided to buy a new printer, as we were fed up with the vagaries of the other one. Got it from Argos as we had enough Nectar points! the problems arose when we tried to set it up.... the instructions in the box were for the wrong model - not too good at this intuitive stuff..... spent a large part of the afternoon fiddling with it... anyway, it's working now!!
How's your laptop?
10 of 44  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » For Rusty