CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

8th August 2014, 17:26
ixion - POST 24 (superb)
51 of 80  -   Report This Post

les40

8th August 2014, 17:28
Has anyone else had trouble with the site today, I tried getting back on 3 times this afternoon on the work laptop, it let me access the site but then all the writing was in bold text and there was no 'ADD REPLY' or 'NEW THREAD' options at the bottom.
52 of 80  -   Report This Post

theambler

8th August 2014, 19:11
Les I know its not the place or time but can you bring me up to date about J E Did I miss something?
Cheers Thea
53 of 80  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

8th August 2014, 19:38
ginge 16
54 of 80  -   Report This Post

rambler

8th August 2014, 19:46
ixion/24
55 of 80  -   Report This Post

les40

8th August 2014, 20:42
Hi Thea,
Sorry mate, I went shopping then, no, it's not a problem you asking. I've been dead busy over the last few weeks and I am glad to say that I'm free all weekend (first time in months) and I will be contacting all participants over the next day or two to feed back what we've got, and then I'm taking two days off work on Thursday & Friday next week when I'll be hopefully publishing it. You can poke me in the eye with a sharp stick if I don't... Ha ha!
Hope you're well, Les40
56 of 80  -   Report This Post

syzygy

8th August 2014, 20:44
The voting did start an hour early but as there were no further entries, no harm done.
16 setters, 15 votes so far. Is that correct?

I see theambler popped in but didn't vote.
57 of 80  -   Report This Post

syzygy

8th August 2014, 22:11
Nice turnout; much better than the weekend. Should we keep flogging that horse or scratch it until the fall ?

I was hoping Theambler would be the tie-breaker, but again I'm left with the unenviable task of deciding.

Again, many excellent clues and a very tight race. Almost all tied for second place. (Is that redundant?)
Well done, everyone.

The phrase was one with which I was unfamiliar but had seen somewhere. Then it clicked; the book had come across the desk numerous times. Thought it would be interesting to throw it out there.

After much deliberation I'm going with Bigbadmarty2 @ 14:

Patterns on Y-fronts wear out, next thing is they're off (5,6)

Congratulations !

In keeping with the theme, some madness from Japan.
Your prize:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhPsU1yyoc
Please click the gear wheel for higher resolution.

Consolation prize for Ixion @ 24. Very good clue.

Runs badly having rode Red Rum by Dick Francis(5,6)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdQM47Av20
Watch for the last line !
58 of 80  -   Report This Post

syzygy

8th August 2014, 22:14

chrise

8th August 2014, 22:16
Thanks syzygy
I think your links need the "s" of hpps deleting before they will work (but I might be wrong).

Congrats BBM2. I confess that I was rather hoping that you wouldn't win ( noting personal!) as it would have spared me from having to ask someone to explain it to me! (Probably being thick.) Come to that, I'm not sure that I understand ixion's either - oh well.
60 of 80  -   Report This Post