CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

1st August 2014, 15:16
I'm using IE and no problems, Rusty!

but I feel cheated about my new edition - I STILL might not know what you are all talking about! I want my money back!
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

elle

1st August 2014, 15:25
No, Jazzgirl, it hasn't. There doesn't appear to any such section anywhere in the book!
We were wondering why your 12th was heavier than my 13th....?! now it's all coming to light......
I FEEL CHEATED!
42 of 47  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st August 2014, 15:25
Photo just taken. You almost got a Metropolitan Police Helicopter ! http://i58.tinypic.com/29f9lc1.jpg
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st August 2014, 16:15
message from rusty: I looked at the blurb on Amazon for Chamber's 13th edition. It says the edition is lighter and has a more durable cover.
I noted that it has a Word Lover's Ramble at the back of the book, which sounds similar to the one in the middle of your edition, Jazzgirl?
Wonder if Elle will touch base with this thread again?
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

elle

1st August 2014, 16:35
Thanks, Jazzgirl - it's getting confusing what was discussed where, isn't it?! I had just seen Rrusty's message and answered it on the other thread.
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

elle

1st August 2014, 16:38
@ Rusty.... copy of reply posted on other thread - just in case you come back to this one -

Still here, Rusty - altho about to leave in half an hour.....I'm still sulking about my dictionary!

I don't think from how Jazzgirl described her middle section that this is the same thing.

It's divided into various topics - for example; The legacy of war; Science and technology; Words that have changed their meanings; Computing; Swear words(!); slang words; Amercanisms.... to name but a few of the sections. it even has one on Scotticisms which I'm sure you would love!

I will browse thro it later but on a quick scan I haven't come across taghaim or mutton- thumper(so far)
46 of 47  -   Report This Post

rusty

1st August 2014, 16:55
Fine, Elle!
47 of 47  -   Report This Post