CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cagey

2nd August 2013, 08:43
Hi all. Thanks for hints and encouragement. Grid now two thirds done, but finding time off from demanding children (3). Top right and bottom left to go. Think have a few wrong as well, since I believe there are only three clashes!
Any hints for x, p and the first a? Off to pack car amidst rain and wind and 3 clashes of children. Thank you again for path to sanity.
Cagey
21 of 40  -   Report This Post

unclued

2nd August 2013, 09:06
Hello cagey.
Here are some hints to help you.
X - a word for "speaks roughly" starting with a B outside O. The whole answer is a Spanish word for asses.
P - Among = IN then take away E from a word meaning evil.
A1 - Misprint of D in DOZE to make OOZE. Then it's A inside Albanian money.
Keep with it!!
22 of 40  -   Report This Post

melbourne

2nd August 2013, 09:44
Almost ready to try to find the author/quotation. Any hints as to how to start the endgame. I have nearly enough misprints, though heaven knows what the final few are. Golly this is tough.
Oh, and are some blanks in the middle of entries?
23 of 40  -   Report This Post

ciderdotndave

2nd August 2013, 10:02
Thanks to all for your help.
We are now struggling on the final three instructions

good luck and best wishes to all
D
24 of 40  -   Report This Post

unclued

2nd August 2013, 10:33
Melbourne and Dave - I made quite a few mistakes with the misprints and it was only later on that I realised they were wrong! The misprints themselves don't make any sense - look round the grid to see how to combine the correct and misprinted letters. This gives you a five letter poet - I then used ODQ to get the relevant word.
25 of 40  -   Report This Post

gitto

3rd August 2013, 11:22
The 1st K clue is the only one I cannot answer, but....... If it hasn't got a letter clash, I serious problems, because I only have 2 others in the grid. Am I barking up the wrong tree?
26 of 40  -   Report This Post

melbourne

3rd August 2013, 11:36
I am feeling peculiarly child-like here, needing help at every step. I now have the author and the quote, then....... how on earth each line relates. AAAAArgh. Slightly less subtle hint, anyone?
27 of 40  -   Report This Post

unclued

3rd August 2013, 13:44
melbourne - consider putting double letters in cells.
28 of 40  -   Report This Post

cagey

3rd August 2013, 23:02
Grid done. Had guessed about resolution of clashes. But have botched misprints, can work out what meant to do with them, but cannot make head nor tail of letters, and also seem to be a few short! Revision of status to between dim and thick. Maybe, and euphemistically, a bit wanting?
Any further advice.
Cagey
29 of 40  -   Report This Post

cagey

3rd August 2013, 23:53
I withdraw that request. Just a bit late. Now got most of. Just working out seven blanks.
Cagey
30 of 40  -   Report This Post