CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

9th July 2013, 09:49
Don't worry, chris: I think many of us felt like this
with this one! I'm wondering, too, how the parsing works with several!
21 of 29  -   Report This Post

rosalind

9th July 2013, 11:01
Just a few to go with the main puzzle
Stuck on 24 dn

have xxxTRxST
Are these letters right?
Is the definition Moderate?
22 of 29  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th July 2013, 12:46
Yes, moderate is the definition. I took it to be a word for cash above a word for joint (in the body) without the first letter.
23 of 29  -   Report This Post

rosalind

9th July 2013, 13:04
Thanks aristo. Have now got that one. Only 4 to go, apart from the 9 ers of course
24 of 29  -   Report This Post

rosalind

11th July 2013, 11:59
With quite a lot og help have now got down to last two clues. Could I have hints for 40 ac and 93 ac please?Could I please also have hints for the 9 letter words by j and P?
25 of 29  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th July 2013, 13:46
I was having a bit of fun with 40a- hardly a strict definition. You should be familiar with this type living in Oxford. Parses as:
put a match to (past tense)
weed syn backwards
I
26 of 29  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th July 2013, 13:52
For 93a I have a syn for news, but I have a ? next to it as I don't see the parsing.
For J's niner I had a word meaning to not see what's coming, but I didn't get the Brit reference so dismissed it (also I didn't think it was a word, as I didn't see it in Chambers, though it's in online dictionaries).
P's is a Greek proper noun, beginning with a greeting. :)
27 of 29  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th July 2013, 13:55
Should have pointed out that my J word ended up being right.
28 of 29  -   Report This Post

rosalind

13th July 2013, 19:24
I apologise for not thanking you aristo, other things took over and I've decided to give the 3ers from 9ers best. Everyone who has finished the puzzle is brilliant in my book.
However, looking up old Greeks I discovered who Aristophanes was; had I been a member of the literati I would have known, clearly!
29 of 29  -   Report This Post