CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

1st July 2013, 21:21
Thanks, sudokulover.

I have same problem as martin every month.
Rather scary when you see the little box that says, "Over 3 billion devices run Java."
11 of 79  -   Report This Post

dizoz

2nd July 2013, 06:33
hi sdl, ixion et al,
downloaded 121 today (didn't know it was out yesty)
looks tough. ta ixion for little hints. hope the "partnerships" are not all UK centred,- it's a disadvantage to us "downunder dunderheads"
12 of 79  -   Report This Post

livs

2nd July 2013, 07:58
The way to use sudokulover's link is to copy and paste the whole address - don't just link automatically or it won't work (and thanks, sudokulover).

13a is the only one I got after two separate goes at the clues yesterday. I kept having ideas about them but got nowhere.

Is it worth persevering (is itfun?) or is it a case of 'wait for next month' yet again? At the moment it just seems grim - like trying to have a conversation with someone when you've nothing in common.
13 of 79  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

2nd July 2013, 09:55
I've got 7 so far, incl. one of the partners, but it's certainly hard going. Time for a coffee or two!
14 of 79  -   Report This Post

busby

2nd July 2013, 10:04
Hi Dizoz
Just a quick greeting from another "down under dunderhead". Can't help with the Xword haven't found the website to download it from yet.
Cheers.
And even if I could,,, not sure I could help...
15 of 79  -   Report This Post

suilven

2nd July 2013, 10:08
Try 28 across!
16 of 79  -   Report This Post

pendragon

2nd July 2013, 10:17
This is one of those that doesn't seem to get any easier the more you complete. I have eleven to do, including one "normal" clue ... but which one? I'm not too sure about my pairing for 27A - is it not unbeatable? And is 10A a pairing for a musical term? if so, how do you decide what to pair it with? And I've just about given up on 14A, 17A and 23A!
17 of 79  -   Report This Post

lynbejack

2nd July 2013, 10:30
Agree Pendragon, completed 3/4s, but stuck on top left. Do I need to know something religious for high priests? And if I have got everything else right, have got weird letters for 15d. For 14 and 17 think literature.
18 of 79  -   Report This Post

dizoz

2nd July 2013, 10:41
hi busby, glad i'm not the only aussie having trouble with this one. as i understand it, you have to be registered with guardian to access the genius. do like us ozzies - avago!
19 of 79  -   Report This Post

dizoz

2nd July 2013, 10:53
hi lynbejack, i've only got one possible solution for 3d. i think it may be the partner of anagram of the religious word??? would love to know if i'm correct!!!
20 of 79  -   Report This Post