CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

23rd April 2013, 17:34
Thanks jolan and pasty.
No parrots, but..........
the last time we visited our friend in spring, she promised to take us to a site where there were "lots of lady slipper orchids". As there single figures of these growing in the wild in England, we were expecting maybe 10 or 20. Not at all - make it several thousand. They surely wouldn't miss one, would they? (only joking!)
41 of 48  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd April 2013, 17:44
Excellent as always, Jolan, and it's always nice to know that other drivers are able to see.
chrise: We have beautiful pink lady's slippers growing wild here; it's illegal to collect them. The way they're pollinated is utterly miraculous.
42 of 48  -   Report This Post

emrach

23rd April 2013, 17:56
Thanks Jolan for the clues I enjoyed it better this week having answered No 1 and 5 with the right parsing and No 3 by fluke.

Happy Holidays ChrisE and AndyC

x

44 of 48  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd April 2013, 18:01
Thanks for your good wishes emrach.

Also thanks for that link, aristo. Most flowers have evolved to give their pollinators some sort of reward for visiting. I wonder why these orchids haven't?
45 of 48  -   Report This Post

mary6

23rd April 2013, 18:45
Pleased I got 3 right.
46 of 48  -   Report This Post

rossim

23rd April 2013, 19:08
Sorry I could not be with you this afternoon Jolan. I'm glad your surgery went well.
I had a quick look at your clues when I came in and spotted the subtractive. You could be very sneaky next week and not put one in! I'm not sure if I would have got any of the others.
Have good holidays AndyC and ChrisE.
47 of 48  -   Report This Post

jolan

23rd April 2013, 21:48
Last look in. Thanks P@, RE and Rossim.

See you all next week ('cept for the wanderers)

Bless

J
48 of 48  -   Report This Post