CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

23rd April 2013, 17:04
Slightly irritating - I considered SCAG but couldn't see BAG + SAG. AB has explained it.
31 of 48  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd April 2013, 17:05
(I meant BAG = SAG - too slow on the Shift Key!)
32 of 48  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd April 2013, 17:06
Like ChrisE I saw scag, but took bag as sac and wondered where the g fitted.
33 of 48  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd April 2013, 17:12
Looked in just before 5....and got #5 very quickly.......So pleased with myself......teehee.
34 of 48  -   Report This Post

jolan

23rd April 2013, 17:17
... in addition... Hi to Jazzy (x), Mary6, Chrise again (4/5). Ab, Ari, djaw 5/5 with super explanations. Seems to have been good fun today.

Thanks again for all the very good wishes (and comments). The drive went well. Seeing better with the operated eye than the untouched one, even though my specs are 'tuned' to the 'old lens'. Strange that!.

No need to post my working. The parsing has been well and truly dealt with. Just for completeness I'll stick em on anyway.

1. (crypt) FROM TIME TO TIME = occasionally (say = e.g; “leave-time” and “arrive-time”.

2. “centres” = d + u + m + k + a = DUMKA = slow movement (Chambers D)

3. subtractive anag (do not apply & renovated)of “Reichstag garden” – “ charges” = GRADIENT = bank

4. bag = sag; the ultimate in synthetic = c; giving s(c)ag = SCAG = heroin

5. (crypt) ROMAN NOSES

Off now Ari to 'view' those courses :) Hope she-who-must-be-obeyed hasn't been fooling me with the menu - now that I can actually see it!

Farewell and bless. I'll peek in later.
35 of 48  -   Report This Post

andyc

23rd April 2013, 17:21
Thanks for the great clues Jolan. I'm off to the Greek Islands tomorrow and won't be here for a week or so, therefore apologies in advance for next week.

Andy
36 of 48  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd April 2013, 17:24
Yes - as I mentioned on the Clueless thread, I too am away next week, visiting a friend in SW Germany. Apologies for non-appearance (unless it is raining and I can work a computer in German!)
37 of 48  -   Report This Post

jolan

23rd April 2013, 17:26
Have a lovely time Andy and Chris. We'll sure miss you. Bring us back a parrot :) Safe travelling.
38 of 48  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd April 2013, 17:27
So glad your op went well Jolan.

...and happy holidays Fellas...
39 of 48  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

23rd April 2013, 17:28
Hi Jolan, great to hear that the eye op went well and that you're up and running (well in the car, anyway).

Didn't have much chance to suss out the clues this week, although I think I'm becoming attuned to your subtractive anagrams - so only 2 correct (3 & 5). Thanks as ever for the workout.
40 of 48  -   Report This Post