CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

30th January 2013, 16:38
Hi Ash and Norah

I too would like to say thankyou for all the hard work put into the new site. I avoided the site yesterday with all the tweaking etc and was pleasantly surprised today. Well done x
25 of 35  -   Report This Post

harrhy

30th January 2013, 16:59
Thanks Norah / Ash it looks lovely and now it works beautifully as well.
26 of 35  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th January 2013, 18:32
Could I just ask on this thread as well whether the majority of contributors would not prefer the old order of postings (i.e. beginning with the earliest) to be made the norm now, as the "backwards" version surely is only preferable in a minority of situations? Then people could still choose. Rossim makes the same point on "my" thread on changing the order etc., but I feel we really need not a vote maybe but a clear indication as to what the majority here would prefer to be the new norm. It's a little frustrating to have to change back to the (probably) more practical , old alternative as opposed to seeing the postings automatically as a rule the "old" ("western") way round! But let's see what people think.
27 of 35  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th January 2013, 18:36
As I have said elsewhere, I intend to use the "backwards" order as default - particularly for threads that I am following, and only revert to the "normal" order if I want to catch up on a thread I have missed.

Having said that, I used the "backwards" format to follow the end of the Clueless thread today - I went straight to the bottom of page 2 and worked my way up!
28 of 35  -   Report This Post

rossim

30th January 2013, 18:42
As I said on another thread I would personally prefer the old way to be the norm. It's now possible to go straight to the last posting if you so wish.
29 of 35  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th January 2013, 19:17
I'm quite happy for the "default" order to be the "normal" one - I can choose my own order now!
30 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 19:44
See my post 18 on the "changing order of posts" thread:
"Maybe it would be a good idea to have the "normal" order of posts (as other websites use) as the "default setting" rather than the upside down version. I have suggested this to Norah & admin today ".
31 of 35  -   Report This Post

bernie

30th January 2013, 19:48
I agree with jazzy, original as the norm.
32 of 35  -   Report This Post

emrach

30th January 2013, 19:51
Good Evening

Just a wee suggestion why don't we wait a week and see if it is just a case of adjustment. I love having the choice and I think when having a chat - I know thats not what this forum is for - the most recent post is a preferred choice. However - and there is always however - when I want to catch up I go back to the old system. x
33 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 20:09
hi emrach, Yes I would also choose the "newest first" option for the long threads . I do think, however, that for any newcomers joining the site, when they click on a particular crossword thread, they are going to see the answers before they see the question which seems rather odd ! ;)
34 of 35  -   Report This Post