CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

29th January 2013, 20:18
Yes thanks for your hard work .
I'm pleased that we can choose the order of posts .

As has already been suggested , it would help to also quote the time of previous postings when referring to them !

I'm sure we'll get all used to it in good time
15 of 35  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th January 2013, 20:28
Thanx 2 ev'body 4 ev'thing! I hope nobody took my slightly satirical remarks ev'where in the spirit in which they were intended: it was so odd waking up to this strange world this morning! All in the green area now, as they say in other parts of Europe. Congratulations: tips, complaints , requests quickly responded to, no more Chinese reading style if you don't want it , etc. And even my wife , who learned to use a computer at work decades ago , didn't know the trick with zooming via wheel on mouse: thank you, trevor! Time for a relaxing drink all round after an exhausting day, I feel, so Cheers! Santé! Prost! See ya tomorrow! gk
16 of 35  -   Report This Post

ixion

29th January 2013, 20:56
Well done Ash and Norah...a big improvement overall, I like the new script etc and find it easy on the eye, but I wonder if it's possible to have an alternative "style" as some web pages do for those like Mamya who seem to be struggling with it?

Thanks
17 of 35  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th January 2013, 21:15
It was a shock at first. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, and damned if I haven't already gotten used to it.
18 of 35  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th January 2013, 22:11
OH Ixion, what a kind thought...is no ones fault I am partially sighted am sure will get used to it.
19 of 35  -   Report This Post

syzygy

30th January 2013, 05:46
I remember reading that serif fonts look better on paper, & sans-serif on computer screens (Ariel & Verdana are commonly used).

However, with today's Hi-Res monitors it might be moot :
http://alexpoole.info/blog/which-are-more-legible-serif-or-sans-serif-typefaces/
Probably more a matter of personal preference.

BTW, Gmail allows one to set a default font, has lots of other goodies, & no ads dancing in one's face:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html

20 of 35  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

30th January 2013, 08:14
Trevor, thanks for the info on the plus and minus keys with Ctrl, I have used computers for years and didn't know that! It works! Thanks also to everyone for your kind words on the new look, I know Ash and the team in the office were very busy yesterday. I had been designated Forum Monitor and was passing messages across the airwaves all day!
21 of 35  -   Report This Post

mrw

30th January 2013, 12:23
I would just like to add my thanks to you Norah and Ash and anyone else who was helping yesterday. It must have been very hectic and to pick up on my small request to have the restart button put back for the Quick solve page was astonishing.

Change is always difficult to implement to everyones satisfaction, particularly when you are dealing with us younger people!!! But I have to say you managed it extremely well.
Well done to you all and thanks for a really good, free site.
22 of 35  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

30th January 2013, 12:49
I would also (belatedly) like to say a big thank you to you all - I think you handled all the concerns, hiccups etc with great aplomb in what must have an extremely difficult and stressful period. Well done.
23 of 35  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th January 2013, 14:50
Thanks again, Ash and Norah - navigation links now at the top of the page as well as the bottom!
24 of 35  -   Report This Post