CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

29th January 2013, 20:05
Ash has done a great job. There were bound to be a few teething troubles but they seem to be sorted now. He must have worked really hard on what is a brilliant forum.
I know I complained about the reverse order posts but now I can choose to go to the end if I want to. Very useful for Poser of the Day.
Thanks Ash.
11 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th January 2013, 20:09
Congratulations to Ash and Norah and the team for this great new website. It is amazing that you have sorted and solved all the initial teething problems in one day. Well done !
12 of 35  -   Report This Post

brendan

29th January 2013, 20:14
The option via the 'Edit' button to choose between 'first to last' or 'last to first' is a real improvement. Great site, cheers.
13 of 35  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th January 2013, 20:15
Brendan,
you can also use the plus and minus keys instead of the wheel whilst holding the Ctrl key, useful to know if you're using a track pad thingy on a lap top.
i think it works on most browsers.
14 of 35  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

29th January 2013, 20:18
Yes thanks for your hard work .
I'm pleased that we can choose the order of posts .

As has already been suggested , it would help to also quote the time of previous postings when referring to them !

I'm sure we'll get all used to it in good time
15 of 35  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th January 2013, 20:28
Thanx 2 ev'body 4 ev'thing! I hope nobody took my slightly satirical remarks ev'where in the spirit in which they were intended: it was so odd waking up to this strange world this morning! All in the green area now, as they say in other parts of Europe. Congratulations: tips, complaints , requests quickly responded to, no more Chinese reading style if you don't want it , etc. And even my wife , who learned to use a computer at work decades ago , didn't know the trick with zooming via wheel on mouse: thank you, trevor! Time for a relaxing drink all round after an exhausting day, I feel, so Cheers! Santé! Prost! See ya tomorrow! gk
16 of 35  -   Report This Post

ixion

29th January 2013, 20:56
Well done Ash and Norah...a big improvement overall, I like the new script etc and find it easy on the eye, but I wonder if it's possible to have an alternative "style" as some web pages do for those like Mamya who seem to be struggling with it?

Thanks
17 of 35  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th January 2013, 21:15
It was a shock at first. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, and damned if I haven't already gotten used to it.
18 of 35  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th January 2013, 22:11
OH Ixion, what a kind thought...is no ones fault I am partially sighted am sure will get used to it.
19 of 35  -   Report This Post

syzygy

30th January 2013, 05:46
I remember reading that serif fonts look better on paper, & sans-serif on computer screens (Ariel & Verdana are commonly used).

However, with today's Hi-Res monitors it might be moot :
http://alexpoole.info/blog/which-are-more-legible-serif-or-sans-serif-typefaces/
Probably more a matter of personal preference.

BTW, Gmail allows one to set a default font, has lots of other goodies, & no ads dancing in one's face:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html

20 of 35  -   Report This Post