CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

29th January 2013, 18:03
I'm going for a lie down in a dark room with a stiff drink ---see u all tomorrow --- hopefully
9 of 39  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th January 2013, 18:07
i think GK may be confusing the title of this thread, which appears at the bottom of the page with the actual option to change?
10 of 39  -   Report This Post

peg y don

29th January 2013, 18:10
Can we just go back to how it was

Does anyone else get the annoying adverts when they scroll to the bottom of the page?
11 of 39  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th January 2013, 18:32
That's how it was, I'm afraid. More disturbing is the advert on the RHS that starts talking or singing if you accidentally "mouse-over" it.
12 of 39  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

29th January 2013, 18:49
@chrise, before i totally pass out --- have u gone to the bottom right hand corner of yr screen ---- where there is an icon that looks like a megaphone (for want of another word) click on it and a little thing comes up that enables u to stop all sound Red thing with a line across it------ v useful --- does not solve the whole prop but makes life quieter ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
13 of 39  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th January 2013, 18:52
Thanks, bobsmum, but I think you are asking me to turn off the laptop's speakers. I'll try to avoid the ads instead!
14 of 39  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

29th January 2013, 22:16
Thank you, jazzgirl. It is said that we(e) males never read instructions. Perhaps this is true. I will revert to the way it was forthwith.

Best wishes.

P
15 of 39  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

29th January 2013, 22:19
Ah, that is much better. Thank you again, jazzgirl.
16 of 39  -   Report This Post

syzygy

30th January 2013, 05:18
Thanks for the tip, Jazzgirl. Been away & trying to catch up.
Would be nice to be able to change the order on the fly within a thread, rather than having to use "Edit".

I'll have to make a list of suggestions.
17 of 39  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 08:24
Maybe it would be a good idea to have the "normal" order of posts (as other websites use) as the "default setting" rather than the upside down version. I have suggested this to Norah & admin today .
18 of 39  -   Report This Post