CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

peg y don

29th January 2013, 18:10
Can we just go back to how it was

Does anyone else get the annoying adverts when they scroll to the bottom of the page?
11 of 39  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th January 2013, 18:32
That's how it was, I'm afraid. More disturbing is the advert on the RHS that starts talking or singing if you accidentally "mouse-over" it.
12 of 39  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

29th January 2013, 18:49
@chrise, before i totally pass out --- have u gone to the bottom right hand corner of yr screen ---- where there is an icon that looks like a megaphone (for want of another word) click on it and a little thing comes up that enables u to stop all sound Red thing with a line across it------ v useful --- does not solve the whole prop but makes life quieter ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
13 of 39  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th January 2013, 18:52
Thanks, bobsmum, but I think you are asking me to turn off the laptop's speakers. I'll try to avoid the ads instead!
14 of 39  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

29th January 2013, 22:16
Thank you, jazzgirl. It is said that we(e) males never read instructions. Perhaps this is true. I will revert to the way it was forthwith.

Best wishes.

P
15 of 39  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

29th January 2013, 22:19
Ah, that is much better. Thank you again, jazzgirl.
16 of 39  -   Report This Post

syzygy

30th January 2013, 05:18
Thanks for the tip, Jazzgirl. Been away & trying to catch up.
Would be nice to be able to change the order on the fly within a thread, rather than having to use "Edit".

I'll have to make a list of suggestions.
17 of 39  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 08:24
Maybe it would be a good idea to have the "normal" order of posts (as other websites use) as the "default setting" rather than the upside down version. I have suggested this to Norah & admin today .
18 of 39  -   Report This Post

chelle

30th January 2013, 08:51
My thanks also jazzgirl, I had missed that and it was driving me mad!
19 of 39  -   Report This Post

jws

30th January 2013, 12:25
Here is part of my note for Peer Review this week. As we vote by referring to a post number we need the order that leaves the number unchanged. An alternative would be to ask entrants to add an attempt number if they have more than one try.

N.B. The new improved site allows you to view the posts “first to last” or “last to first.” In order to avoid chaos please set your viewing preference so that the first post comes first i.e. “first to last”, as the old site did. (Use the edit button if you need to change)
20 of 39  -   Report This Post