CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chelle

30th January 2013, 08:51
My thanks also jazzgirl, I had missed that and it was driving me mad!
19 of 39  -   Report This Post

jws

30th January 2013, 12:25
Here is part of my note for Peer Review this week. As we vote by referring to a post number we need the order that leaves the number unchanged. An alternative would be to ask entrants to add an attempt number if they have more than one try.

N.B. The new improved site allows you to view the posts “first to last” or “last to first.” In order to avoid chaos please set your viewing preference so that the first post comes first i.e. “first to last”, as the old site did. (Use the edit button if you need to change)
20 of 39  -   Report This Post

bernie

30th January 2013, 12:27
Refer to the posts by time of posting!
21 of 39  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 12:36
It makes no difference which way round you view the posts. Post 21 will still be post 21 either way. I've just tested this.
22 of 39  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

30th January 2013, 12:39
Absolutely correct jazzgirl
23 of 39  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th January 2013, 12:59
jazzgirl: That seems to have been changed; when I first used the new site all the post numbers changed with each posting (the newest was #1).
The reordering feature is great. I disliked the newest-first setup initially, but now I find it most welcome when I just want to see current responses.
24 of 39  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 13:07
hi aristo
Yes, the posts are now exactly the same either way, down or up ! The site is being updated as we speak. I'm noticing little improvements all the time. I like the newest first edition for long threads, otherwise I stick to the old original.
25 of 39  -   Report This Post

jws

30th January 2013, 13:09
thanks jazzgirl, as aristo says the posts used to change number. I'll leave out my NB for the Peer review
26 of 39  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th January 2013, 15:18
When I first switched on today, the order was the way I had changed it to, namely, as before, latest at the end. Now it has squddenly reverted to the new system, "upside down". Is this due to the latest modifications, or must I reset it every day? This is
getting really confusing, but I'd like to be able to set it to my generally preferred order, only changing it when i see fit. Is anyone currently experiencing the sa
27 of 39  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th January 2013, 15:20
-me (woops! - that problem again!) problem? Would be nice to be able to settle down to one system!
28 of 39  -   Report This Post