CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

30th January 2013, 15:32
Greedy Kite, once Ash and his team have finished tweaking the system then the order you select will stay the same until you alter it again. They have been working on it a lot today but I am assured things will settle down. Changing the order now works, it didn't when I tried it yesterday!
31 of 39  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th January 2013, 15:35
Thank you, Norah, for the rapid response: they don't come much quicker than that! When I think of practically any French institution, the average delay would be nearer a year than a minute, & unfortunately I'm not joking or exaggerating! Great service here!
32 of 39  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 15:35
Maybe I should have made my last post clearer.
Each time (today and yesterday) whenever I have logged out (with whatever setting I had in place at the time) that setting is still is in place whenever I have logged back in.
33 of 39  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th January 2013, 15:37
That's the way it should be, jazzy! Right on!
34 of 39  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th January 2013, 15:38
I see Norah had posted while I was busy typing. Well done. What fantastic response !
35 of 39  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

30th January 2013, 16:46
Thank you all for your kind words, Ash and the team are pleased that generally you all seem happy with the new layout. It has been very hectic the past couple of days but I think we are getting there. Personally I think the new site is a vast improvement, it will certainly be a big help getting to the last post on large threads. I've tried both orders of viewing and decided I like newest first, it saves trawling to the end of the thread but its a matter of choice.
36 of 39  -   Report This Post

maisiep

30th January 2013, 16:50
Thank you Norah/Ash for all your hard work and also to those who have been offering suggestions and helpful tips, especially how to change the order. Isn't it great to have so many people giving constructive criticism and advice to one another in such a friendly manner?
37 of 39  -   Report This Post

rossim

30th January 2013, 17:24
I notice that if I just look at the site the posts are upside down but when I log on it changes automatically. Great. But as most of us seem to prefer it this way wouldn't it be better for that to be the norm and for those that like it oriental style to change it?
38 of 39  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th January 2013, 18:24
Must agree with rossim!
Maybe a few more opinions & we'll know whether that's the majority for sure: that's the impression I had from most other contributors so far.
39 of 39  -   Report This Post