CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

29th January 2013, 06:03
Hey! How come I DON'T have to hit the keys harder? If everything works on here for me, then there must be something wrong with my computer -- is that right? Except how do you manage to see what you're replying to while you type? Haven't discovered that yet (not even sure I want to -- no, only joking...). So now i only have to get used to living backwards & counting everything the wrong way round & understanding the opposite of what I read & doing the contrary to what I want and......say, there have been a few books & films on this subject in the past; just never imagined I'd end up having to adopt those methods to say anything on this forum any longer! BRAVE NEW WORLD! Reminds me, just had a very long nightmare on that theme, probably caused by my first encounter with the new workings of this machinery last night. Can one sue the management? Over!
111 of 145  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

29th January 2013, 08:14
Thanks for your feed back which we are addressing and which is much appreciated. In reply to Rusty mentioning "the powers that be who run this site" haven't responded to numerous complaints. We do have names which are mentioned elsewhere in the post! I am Norah and the site is owned by Ash. We also don't work 24 hours a day, we have to turn our computers off some time! All complaints will be addressed and action taken where necessary.
112 of 145  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

29th January 2013, 08:19
Thank you Norah. Some of us do appreciate the hard work put in and we know the changes were not done just to annoy us.
113 of 145  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

29th January 2013, 08:22
Thanks for the feedback, Norah - I know these things take time. I do remember some time ago you asked if some of the regulars would be interested in helping out with Beta testing the new site, to which I replied in the affirmative. Did that ever happen?
114 of 145  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

29th January 2013, 08:47
Dear Norah and Ash,

Just a thought, would it be possible to put the 'page number, next, previous' bar at the top of the page now? As that would be a bit quicker than having to keep scrolling up and down each time to change pages when reading a long thread. Unless i'm missing a trick of course.
115 of 145  -   Report This Post

rossim

29th January 2013, 08:50
I have given this new forum a bit more of a go. However, although it has some very good points, I still can't get my head round reading from the bottom up. Maybe I'm too old a dog to be taught new tricks!
Starting a new thread for each clue will cut down on the long threads but I can't face Clue Chain.
116 of 145  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

29th January 2013, 08:58
Ash and the team are addressing some of the problems today, hopefully the issue of the order of the threads will be amongst them. In reply to Bullfrog about testing, sample testing was carried out amongst a small group of users which highlited some problems. It proved difficult to include everyone who volunteered due to the logistics of the exercise.
117 of 145  -   Report This Post

vrk

29th January 2013, 09:34
Love the update. Thank you Nora, Ash et al.
118 of 145  -   Report This Post

vrk

29th January 2013, 09:36
Sorry, meant Norah!
119 of 145  -   Report This Post

doglet

29th January 2013, 09:44
Sorry dont like the new format, old adage if it aint broke dont fix it,
120 of 145  -   Report This Post