CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redcoral

18th January 2013, 18:04
Poor Aristophanes! We don't have that advert but something called Givology! How is the snow for you now?
31 of 39  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th January 2013, 18:24
Most of it melted yesterday, but what's left is frozen solid; it's a dazzlingly beautiful day, but veeery cold.
32 of 39  -   Report This Post

doglet

19th January 2013, 08:47
we have a lot of snow and the roads are very iCY i have just given out todays live mealworms and the robin comes when i rattle the dish he is very cheeky but the wrens also come with him ,husband and puppy have gone to get the times so i can retire and do crossword and drink hot chocolate
33 of 39  -   Report This Post

rosalind

19th January 2013, 08:57
About to do the same, doglet- The Times, not the hot choc. I may be some time!
34 of 39  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

19th January 2013, 09:20
Looks like I'm in for the weekend. It started coming down here (South Northants) mid-morning yesterday and I managed to get out to a dental appointment and the post office, driving very carefully. We have two Chinese students lodging with us and their school closed at mid-day, so I got back to find that one was back having been given a lift by a classmate who asked if he could stay as he wasn't happy about driving the rest of the way home. Our other student eventually phoned from a friend's house in Towcester, where he'd been dropped off by the school bus (which is supposed to come through our village) asking if I could come and collect him. I set off reluctantly, crawling along at 10 mph, and went sideways round the first bend. That was enough for me - I came straight home and phoned back and asked if he could stay where he was! I'm still not sure how we'll get him home - even though there's been no fresh snow overnight, the road don't look any better, and after a very cold night they're probably a lot worse.
35 of 39  -   Report This Post

redcoral

19th January 2013, 10:59
Oh dear! You have plenty of troubles at present.

I've just spoken to neighbour opposite who has cleared his short drive but advises us not to attempt to do our much longer one as more snow is expected. He says his cleared drive is very slippery now!
36 of 39  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th January 2013, 11:04
Be very careful redcoral ,...black ice is the thing that scares me. The snow has mainly thawed here but may freeze over. I am staying indoors.
37 of 39  -   Report This Post

redcoral

19th January 2013, 11:59
Thanks pastille but I think we'd better close this thread & start another SNOW one as more snow is expected this w/e & I think it's traveling north too by the look of the tv.

I'm not hopeful of getting to my hospital hip appointment on Monday if I can't get the car out!
38 of 39  -   Report This Post

mrw

19th January 2013, 13:12
She's only saying that because she has no GRIT!! LOL
39 of 39  -   Report This Post