CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redcoral

18th January 2013, 13:53
Why would an insurance company object to a trampoline? All our little grandchildren have small ones in their gardens with a safety net around them. ( I haven't enquirer whether any birds are sheltering under them!)
11 of 39  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th January 2013, 13:59
They always asked if we had one, and I dutifully told them that we did (on the form they send out every year). It's apparently considered an accident waiting to happen. Perhaps it's because our property isn't fenced and trespassers might use it? I know that swimming pools have to have fences around them, presumably for that reason. I was hardly going to argue.
12 of 39  -   Report This Post

rosalind

18th January 2013, 14:05
Haha, aristo, still laughing and I think we all need a laugh this morning.
Agree about trampolines. My neighbours have a huge one, very ugly, in a narrow suburban garden. I bought a Wisteria trained over an arch (getting it home was interesting,) to conceal it, only to find I'd framed the damned thing!
13 of 39  -   Report This Post

ariel

18th January 2013, 14:10
No snow in north Cumbria, but bitter. I love the idea of framing a trampoline! I agree they're hideous.
14 of 39  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th January 2013, 14:16
With so much concern about childhood obesity I think trampolines are great for kids. I admit I don't have to look at one but I do hear a lot of happy laughter.
15 of 39  -   Report This Post

redcoral

18th January 2013, 14:19
Fortunately the 2trampolines belonging to grandchildren are rather concealed in their gardens &are small ones for young children. They certainly let off energy on them!
I never had a trampoline for our 4 children as the climbing frame, sand table & wooden log cabin kept them fully occupied! (Husband made log cabin with split stable type doorway. The only complaint one child made she didn't like spiders sheltering in there!)
Still snowing here & the wind Is also blowing snow off the roofs
16 of 39  -   Report This Post

redcoral

18th January 2013, 14:30
Just heard from grandchildren snowed in too. The 2year old grabbed his bucket & spade & started building snow castles!!! The 4 year old says the snow is not making a very good snowman yet. They say they had a lovely walk in the snow earlier on but its deep round them & no cars moving.
17 of 39  -   Report This Post

redcoral

18th January 2013, 14:38
I've just clicked that Aristophanes said about the snow in Massachhusetts yesterday so that is why the trampoline insurance came up! I'd not heard of it in the uk so maybe its an American regulation.
18 of 39  -   Report This Post

mrw

18th January 2013, 15:03
Perhaps I should have said the trampoline was my daughters, she used to take lessons. She no longer uses it and I have tried to get rid of it several times. But I'm always out voted by my grand children. Never the less it will go one day soon. Probably when she has gone to uni, she will come back and it will have disappeared. I agree they are hideous.

Its stopped snowing we have 2 collared doves,2 gold finch a robin and a great tit at the moment and i've run out of meal worms.
19 of 39  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th January 2013, 15:05
Well the snow has finally arrived in Dundee, we have been lucky so far.

Went shopping yesterday with a "siege" mentality....coal,logs, food and booze sorted. Big pot of soup and Achar Gosht sorted. Bird feeders sorted. Haven I left anything out? Hope not.

Hope all goes well with your op redcoral....

Stay cosy everyone.....
20 of 39  -   Report This Post