CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

18th January 2013, 15:12
I'm seriously miffed --- here in Suffolk it is at this time just windy, b cold but no snow, nothing, nada --- and we were predicted loads. will have to wait and see
21 of 39  -   Report This Post

mrw

18th January 2013, 15:57
Don't be miffed bobsmum its horrible. I live half way up a hill on a bus route, in fact one has been abandoned just down from our house, it was the first one this morning. Were it this quiet all the time!!!
22 of 39  -   Report This Post

lizh

18th January 2013, 15:59
You can have ours with pleasure. Husband has just shovelled and cleared our drive way loads of snow now piled up.

I'm getting bored with this now.
23 of 39  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th January 2013, 16:02
GRIT....I forgot GRIT!!!

Oh B-gg-r!!!
24 of 39  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

18th January 2013, 16:04
Sorry guys--- should have thought. I hope u all stay warm and safe--i'm just a big kid at heart and wanted to go out and play today lol
25 of 39  -   Report This Post

rosalind

18th January 2013, 16:10
Please folks go gently with the shovelling. Heart attack alert. Please don't have a big meal, go out in the cold and exercise. I know what I'm chattin' 'bout.
The trampoline next door was almost never used, just an eye-sore.
redcoral, if you have an "attractive hazard" or something similar in the US and someone trespasses, even over a fence, and dies or gets injured in your pool or on your trampoline, you can be held liable. Famous case of burglar falling through a skylight....
If someone is hurt by a fallen tree or branch in a wood here, even on private property without public access, the same can apply.
26 of 39  -   Report This Post

mrw

18th January 2013, 16:13
The only redeeming factor about snow is I can look at the allotment and its beautiful, Pastille will know what I mean.

On the subject of allotments Pastille, the council have put our rent up by a whole 25p a rod, I know archaic. Thats £2:50 for me.
27 of 39  -   Report This Post

mrw

18th January 2013, 16:23
Slow today must be the cold, Just got Aristophanes observation about blue tits under the trampoline. Nice one.
28 of 39  -   Report This Post

redcoral

18th January 2013, 17:02
Re-clearing driveways I've not stuck my nose out of the door today & certainly have not cleared our hilly driveway! Street lights are on now & shining on all the snow.
29 of 39  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th January 2013, 17:17
When I opened this thread there was an ad at the top that said "Trampolines 20-40% Off", one at the right that said "Safe & Fun Trampolines", and one at the bottom that said "World's Safest Trampolines", with a picture of a hideous contraption with an eight-foot net around it. I feel as if the Cookie Monster is watching me.

I do see these things around, so some insurers must allow them (perhaps with a rider?). My agent just said to get rid of it, and I was only too pleased to comply.
30 of 39  -   Report This Post