CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

18th December 2012, 17:15
Thanks for resolving that, aristo.
87 of 115  -   Report This Post

mary6

18th December 2012, 17:16
Thanks for the clues today, Jolan. Won't be back for a couple of weeks so glad to leave on a high. Merry Christmas all.
88 of 115  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

18th December 2012, 17:20
I never did make it back to get number 3, but all the others were right. I wanted to stay away earlier as I was trying to build tonight's show, but kept being lured back because this was so intriguing. Thanks a lot, Jolan!
89 of 115  -   Report This Post

santaslittlehelper

18th December 2012, 17:21
Now there's a coincidence, just switched on the TV and a question on that 5 0'clock quiz show was - 'what is a quahog?'.
90 of 115  -   Report This Post

jolan

18th December 2012, 17:38
Just home.
I addition to the early birds, nice to see Jazzy (the highest point of the year for me, getting Jazzy excited :-)). Wow!), Ari (the leaf!! puff. puff! lol). Chrisg, Chrise, Mary6, Rambler (towers of the sleigh), Trevor (ah yes! I remember it well) and SLH (nice for this time of year).
Well done all. I've enjoyed the year immensely and delighted to hear you all have as well

I wish each and every one of you and those dear to you a Joyous Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year

Off to have din-din now

Bless

John
91 of 115  -   Report This Post

jolan

18th December 2012, 17:41
Whoops! Forgot to post my working.

Startled at the number of hits today. Lovely!

1. anag (discomfited) of ‘sees leftie dad’ = ADESTE FIDELES = Christmas invitation (= O come all ye faithful ...)
2. smacking = kissing; ‘me’ about anag(scruffy) of ‘toilets’ = MISTLETOE = (?) parasite held over for ‘kissing’.
3. carrying = stocking; bear = suffer; about time = stuffer; STOCKING STUFFER (N. American term for stocking filler) = an additional small gift (one to fill a Christmas stocking).
4. (leaders = S + L + E + I + G together with H = SLEIGH = means of transport
5. conscientious objector = CO; got together = MET; with = AND; copper = CU; pickpocket = dip and ‘returning’ = PID; yielding COMET AND CUPID [cryptically (?) two towers of Santa’s sleigh – the question mark also covers the capital letters,(I trust) ho, ho, ho!]
Bonus.
50 cent = a famous US rapper (Curtis James Jackson III). A possible 50 cent publication = rapping paper which sounds like (get) WRAPPING PAPER which covers the present.
92 of 115  -   Report This Post

andyc

18th December 2012, 17:42
Thank you Jolan for all of your efforts this year....so pleased that this turned out to be a Christmas bumper edition with so many taking part. Have a great Yuletide and look forward to your efforts next year.

Andy
93 of 115  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th December 2012, 17:52
Checking in a bit late, but what a present -- all 6 correct! Thank you, jolan, for another year's very special entertainment! I wish you & your wife all the very best in 2013, above all of course health & happiness! And enjoy your Christmas, too! gk.
94 of 115  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th December 2012, 19:02
Thank you Jolan for all your entertainment this year. I was unable to get back online this afternoon so missed out on a lot of fun.
I hope you and Helen have a good Christmas and I wish you both health and happiness for 2013.
95 of 115  -   Report This Post

trevor

18th December 2012, 19:11
He's why, I'm told, with Daughter in attendance we could achieve unbridled joy and laughter(5)
96 of 115  -   Report This Post