CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

18th December 2012, 17:38
Just home.
I addition to the early birds, nice to see Jazzy (the highest point of the year for me, getting Jazzy excited :-)). Wow!), Ari (the leaf!! puff. puff! lol). Chrisg, Chrise, Mary6, Rambler (towers of the sleigh), Trevor (ah yes! I remember it well) and SLH (nice for this time of year).
Well done all. I've enjoyed the year immensely and delighted to hear you all have as well

I wish each and every one of you and those dear to you a Joyous Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year

Off to have din-din now

Bless

John
91 of 115  -   Report This Post

jolan

18th December 2012, 17:41
Whoops! Forgot to post my working.

Startled at the number of hits today. Lovely!

1. anag (discomfited) of ‘sees leftie dad’ = ADESTE FIDELES = Christmas invitation (= O come all ye faithful ...)
2. smacking = kissing; ‘me’ about anag(scruffy) of ‘toilets’ = MISTLETOE = (?) parasite held over for ‘kissing’.
3. carrying = stocking; bear = suffer; about time = stuffer; STOCKING STUFFER (N. American term for stocking filler) = an additional small gift (one to fill a Christmas stocking).
4. (leaders = S + L + E + I + G together with H = SLEIGH = means of transport
5. conscientious objector = CO; got together = MET; with = AND; copper = CU; pickpocket = dip and ‘returning’ = PID; yielding COMET AND CUPID [cryptically (?) two towers of Santa’s sleigh – the question mark also covers the capital letters,(I trust) ho, ho, ho!]
Bonus.
50 cent = a famous US rapper (Curtis James Jackson III). A possible 50 cent publication = rapping paper which sounds like (get) WRAPPING PAPER which covers the present.
92 of 115  -   Report This Post

andyc

18th December 2012, 17:42
Thank you Jolan for all of your efforts this year....so pleased that this turned out to be a Christmas bumper edition with so many taking part. Have a great Yuletide and look forward to your efforts next year.

Andy
93 of 115  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th December 2012, 17:52
Checking in a bit late, but what a present -- all 6 correct! Thank you, jolan, for another year's very special entertainment! I wish you & your wife all the very best in 2013, above all of course health & happiness! And enjoy your Christmas, too! gk.
94 of 115  -   Report This Post

rossim

18th December 2012, 19:02
Thank you Jolan for all your entertainment this year. I was unable to get back online this afternoon so missed out on a lot of fun.
I hope you and Helen have a good Christmas and I wish you both health and happiness for 2013.
95 of 115  -   Report This Post

trevor

18th December 2012, 19:11
He's why, I'm told, with Daughter in attendance we could achieve unbridled joy and laughter(5)
96 of 115  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th December 2012, 19:55
Was not around today....missed out on a "cracker"!

Warmest thought so you and yours Jolan....x

Well done jazzy....best I have ever done was 4!

Seasons freetings all....

97 of 115  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th December 2012, 20:13
Is it in Welsh, trevor?
98 of 115  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th December 2012, 20:42
Just looking in again. Adeste fideles was on University Challenge tonight.
pasty, my previous personal best was only 3, so you beat me.
Getting ready for the Last Tango in Halifax at 9 pm.
Can we have a hint for trevor's clue?
99 of 115  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th December 2012, 20:42
Tuesdays wouldn't be the same without you, Jolan. Merry Christmas to you and the lovely Helen.
100 of 115  -   Report This Post