CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

18th December 2012, 21:04
Personally I think Trevor is referring to the world-famous HE-Y-DT schnaps distillery in Friesland, which is obviously THE source of unlimited ecstasy (or whatever he mentioned). And if he's not, I can't help not being Welsh.
btw Is there a word for the latter, like Sassenachs for non-Scots? (And I don't want any rude or obscene answers).
GK
101 of 115  -   Report This Post

trevor

18th December 2012, 21:11
balls! is the clue really that bad? the answer is Jolan.
anyways, we've got this thread into triple figures, hoorah!1
i'm off to eat, if nobody can parse my clue i will eat my own farts for pudding.
102 of 115  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

18th December 2012, 21:20
GK the word for non-Welsh (usually specifically the English) is Saes - very similar to Sassenach.
103 of 115  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th December 2012, 22:05
I actually assumed it was Jolan.....is his or your daughter called jo???
104 of 115  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th December 2012, 22:07
Jo y and la ughter. and n for .....not a clue!!!!!
105 of 115  -   Report This Post

pastille

18th December 2012, 22:10
Come on someone...get of your parse and solve this...

So want Trevor to not have some "Donalds" for pudding...
106 of 115  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th December 2012, 22:21
Jolan (anagram of:
JO(y)AN(d)L(aughter)
Y = (why I'm told)
Zzzzzzzz
107 of 115  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th December 2012, 22:29
...or something like that
Zzzzzzzz
108 of 115  -   Report This Post

trevor

18th December 2012, 23:04
...not a resounding success, i'll admit (i've never seen anybody ask if a clue might be in Welsh before) never mind eh!
i thought i would try one of those subtractive anagram type thingys that can seem so effortless when done in a stylish and elegant manner.

for what it's worth...
He's why, I'm told, with Daughter in attendance we could achieve unbridled joy and laughter(5)

He - is the definition (ie Jolan)
why, I'm told = Y
with Daughter (y plus daughter) in attendance, we could achieve unbridled - we can arrive at an anagram of, joy and laughter.

yes jazzgirl, it's an anag of 'joy and laughter' minus the letters ydaughter. thanks to you i can now enjoy my pudding (actually, it's a choc-ice).

btw. does Zzzzzzzzzz mean that i sent you to sleep?

109 of 115  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th December 2012, 08:40
@trevor. Not a bad effort for your first(?) subtractive. (but needed to flow more, if you know what I mean) Didn't send me to sleep but it was past my normal Nodland time.
110 of 115  -   Report This Post