CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cantersue

9th October 2012, 16:51
Hi all. Everything done. Found it good this week.
6d is a name for a small bottle which sounds the same as a word for shaping your finger nails. Hope this helps.
11 of 36  -   Report This Post

magworth

9th October 2012, 17:11
Chris4food. Hi! Caravaggio said he or she was no longer taking the RT. However, possibly while you were away, he/she sent a couple of greetings to us all.
I`ve had a visitor so still have 18d to do. I had no idea it`s an ITALIAN port, Jazzgirl!
Now I hope to get it.Mags.
12 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th October 2012, 17:15
hi both
Caravaggio is definitely a HE :) He is alive and well as of last week.
Mags, the "short distance" would be more appropriately shown as "short measurement" inside an Indian State = Italian port.
13 of 36  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th October 2012, 17:15
Just spotted cantersue at the top. Hope you are well. J
14 of 36  -   Report This Post

magworth

9th October 2012, 17:25
Hello again Jazzgirl. I was thinking of that Indian state all along but wanted to put `m` for metre in it ! Made no sense. Done now, time for Antiques Road Trip. Mags.
15 of 36  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th October 2012, 17:32
I did think that the "short distance" wasn't the ideal phrasing - "length" would have been a lot better.
16 of 36  -   Report This Post

chris4food

9th October 2012, 18:11
thanks, Cantersue - as soon as I logged off - I realised what it was - as usual..
Mags, thanks for the update on Caravaggio - when I read your answer, I remembered his post - another senior moment in my life [one of increasingly many!!!]
Hi ChrisE hope you're keeping well
So, done and dusted and now back to my library books...
Chris
17 of 36  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th October 2012, 18:50
Hi chris4food
Very well, thanks - not rained yesterday, today, or (I hope) tomorrow. And you?
18 of 36  -   Report This Post

wally

9th October 2012, 19:05
Easy or not? I don’t know, but I managed to solve it in one session- but that does not mean that I got it all right.
4dn I live near the sea. I don’t think that people who live in towns near the sea where people go for holidays like their towns to be called diseases. So have I got the answer wrong? Or is there a cunning play on words which I have missed?
19 of 36  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th October 2012, 19:06
Hi wally
TRy an anagram of "diseases"
20 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 42