CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

17th August 2012, 13:29
Hey, Mrs T, I too sometimes use subtitles for the US dramas - they mumble so much, and the lighting is always so dim [bit like me!]
81 of 87  -   Report This Post

magworth

17th August 2012, 22:45
Subtitles _ I use them. They wrote `Alan`s pig` for Olympics, and `We`ll see Tom Daley die`. It took three attempts to correct that before they got it right! I`ve seen the Queen called `lizard`. I`m only a bit `hard of hearing`; it must be dreadful for the really deaf. M.
82 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrisg

18th August 2012, 08:12
My hearing is not that good, so I bought some wireless headphones a few months ago. They only cost me £24.99 and they are very good. It also solves another problem - when my wife is on the phone I had to turn the vol down on the TV - now I can turn the TV volume down but keep the vol up on the headphones. The headphones also give you much improved stereo sound. Problems solved!
83 of 87  -   Report This Post

night owl

20th August 2012, 04:53
Mrs Trellis - like you I loved The Bridge + The Killing. You are watching the older Swedish Wallander but I agree with Chris4food that the more recent version starring Krister Henriksson is the best. We should not even mention the awful BBC version - doh!- Just did!
Chrisg - where did you get your headphones?
84 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrisg

20th August 2012, 06:31
Hi night owl. I got them at maplin electronics. They cost 24.99. They have rechargeable batteries which charge up when you place the headset on the stand. Here is the link

http://www.maplin.co.uk/?n=1&C=found&gclid=CISIm6K89bECFYEOfAodpj0A8Q
85 of 87  -   Report This Post

chopper erk

25th August 2012, 20:55
The first time for a long while I've had to resort to help on so many clues in the RT.
Many thanks to those earlier contributions - I've been late coming to the end of this one - glad it's over
86 of 87  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th August 2012, 21:02
Magworth,
'Queen called `lizard`'?
David Icke may yet be proved right!
87 of 87  -   Report This Post