CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

15th August 2012, 19:09
Well, Mallard, for starters I NEVER listen to the radio -being quite deaf from a very early age,it was too much like hard work trying to hear what was being said, and if they spoke quickly, then I was always a couple of sentences behind the dialogue.... also never watched/listened to any of the others you mentioned - bit of a cultural wasteland for me... holding out on the wine until the footie comes on - if England play true to form, I'll need it to console myself!
51 of 87  -   Report This Post

wally

15th August 2012, 19:15
Thanks for confirming my replies (15a and 19d) I had not come across "on the radio" before but usually spot "sounds like" as in 11a
52 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th August 2012, 20:06
Hi chris4food
If you haven't seen "Outnumbered", I can highly recommend it - one of the funniest things on TV for ages (outdone only by "Green wing")
53 of 87  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

15th August 2012, 20:13
Oh The Green Wing, wasn't it great - weak ending though.
54 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th August 2012, 20:24
Seemed inevitable, though.
55 of 87  -   Report This Post

magworth

15th August 2012, 22:45
There WAS a good singalong at the Closing ceremony - I sang with those 80,000, to Always Look on the Bright Side of Life` (scared the cat)! M.
56 of 87  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th August 2012, 14:35
As I nearly ALWAYS find RT crosswords difficult, I am happy to read that most of you have found this one difficult too. Makes me feel slightly better. Thanks for the answer to No 8A - candlestick thing. Never heard of it!

Also we seem to have acquired a few newcomers. You are all most welcome.

Meantime I am still stuck on
4D Kids programme with tutor cooking fish
16A Leader leaves ....head pain
20A Looter having cheek etc

Chris4food - well remembered that Karen won a prize for Xword. She was such a good correspondent on this site for a long time but hasn`t posted for about 18 months. I hope she is ok.

So glad everyone enjoyed the Olympics. When my son and family were here from Finland we went to Dunblane to see Andy Murray`s gold post box. Found people queuing to take a photo of it and themselves and we did likewise! Keep thinking of various medal winners including Jessica Ennis. She seems to be a real golden girl of sports.
57 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th August 2012, 14:45
Hi Mondrian
4d The first word is the name of a childrens programme and what you could see in the sky if it is raining/sunny at the same time. The second word is an anagram of tutor - giving you the name of a fish
58 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th August 2012, 14:48
16a is made up from total with the T taken off + an american soldier + a - giving a medical term for head pain
59 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th August 2012, 14:50
20 is Pil lager (lip reversed on a drink) for Looter
60 of 87  -   Report This Post