CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

17th August 2012, 12:02
chrise. Thanks. And I am supposed to be an artist of sorts and I didn`t spot that kind of stand!! With 16A I have discovered another new word,ie for an ear pain.
71 of 87  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th August 2012, 12:05
Don't want to interrupt (I'm not doing this one), but didn't "otalgia" come up recently in another puzzle with exactly the same clue? Or has it been asked already on here?
The disease of clue-borrowing seems to be spreading rapidly!
72 of 87  -   Report This Post

mondrian

17th August 2012, 12:11
Chris4food. Thanks to you too. The `easel` bit refers to the stand an artist uses and `T` is a junction. Its not often and I am able to unravel a clue for anyone! And I think this is a first for me.
73 of 87  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

17th August 2012, 12:21
chris4food - aren't the Nordic dramas great? liked The Killing (not the dreadful US remake), but my very favourite was The Bridge. Started watching Borgen on its repeat run but my recordings packed up so might have to get the DVD. Currently using my bad back as an excuse to get into Wallander (Swedish version) for the first time, but have to say I'm slightly disappointed after all the hype. Enormous plot holes, which surprised me.
74 of 87  -   Report This Post

chris4food

17th August 2012, 12:22
Hi Mondrian, and thanks for putting me straight on the easel bit. When I saw it, I felt a right twit - d'oh
75 of 87  -   Report This Post

chris4food

17th August 2012, 12:29
Yes, Mrs T I thought The Bridge was great, too. Also loved The Killing - started to watch the US version, but thought it rubbish - if it aint broken [definitely] don't mend it!
Three different Wallenders is so confusing, but definitely prefer the Nordic versions to Kenneth Branagh's. I started watching Wallender when it was the older bloke - don't know his name - then watched when they repeated the 'original' Wallander, but definitely prefer the older one with the dog and his house by the sea.....
Did you ever watch Moltanbano - set in Sicily - also on BBC4 - it's inspired me [and my friend] to go visit next year. Another good series was the French one - Spiral - I'm starting to ramble, now, must be lunch time
Chris
76 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th August 2012, 12:37
Just to cross the ts and dot the is, OTALGIA is (t)OTAL GI A
77 of 87  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

17th August 2012, 12:57
chris4food, I didn't realise there were 3 versions of Wallander. I'm not bothering with the UK version, the one I'm watching certainly has an older lead - but no sign of a dog as yet! I found Spiral a bit odd but fairly enthralling. Will look out for repeats of Montalbano, my only experience of Sicily on tv being when my all-time fave The Sopranos visited it for a few episodes.
Enjoy your lunch and I look forward to hearing about Sicily.
78 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th August 2012, 13:01
Hi Mrs T.
I tried watching Montalbano to brush up my Italian, but, for the most part, it was like an Italian watching Rab C. Nesbitt or Cracker to improve his English.
79 of 87  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

17th August 2012, 13:09
Lol, chrise - well thank heaven for subtitles (which I use when watching most American dramas, let alone foreign language ones)
80 of 87  -   Report This Post