CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

livs

7th August 2012, 08:57
Thanks for the suggestions. I think the problem is down to the non-working sign in/register page which I accessed from the crossword page last time, coupled with my forgetting that it looked like my registration worked but didn't (so I used another account). Brain-fade.

Now all I have to do is solve it :-)

21 of 92  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th August 2012, 10:31
I see what you mean James, but I can only find one online reference to the answer being used poetically(though I suppose the last three letters could be added to any verb to make it "poetic" or "olde") and it's not specified in Chambers.
22 of 92  -   Report This Post

nemesis

7th August 2012, 11:43
just three to get, aargh, 17 ac, 15 ac and 20 ac...have an answer for 15 ac but can't find an reference to the word...and as for 20 and 17, neither my japanese or chinese is up to it! any help gratefully received.
23 of 92  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th August 2012, 12:08
So those clues are your nemeses nemesis?...all those clues are reversable so the thematic wish should indicate other letters...you have the "wisher" already.
24 of 92  -   Report This Post

nemesis

7th August 2012, 13:46
Hi Ixion

I have the wish, all letters filled in...and these should all be the right way round, according to number of clues left...so...still stumped...nemesis should have no nemeses, I will not give up!

25 of 92  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th August 2012, 16:36
Nemesis

Without giving away too much to other solvers, one of your three does require turning and nemesis/nemeses is a wee hint also.
26 of 92  -   Report This Post

nemesis

7th August 2012, 16:40
thanks Ix! thought that might be the case with 15ac.

will battle on
27 of 92  -   Report This Post

nemesis

7th August 2012, 16:48
ok just one to go..... 17ac, have an answer but can't parse it......
28 of 92  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

7th August 2012, 18:15
This has been a real battle for me, but I'm getting there slowly.......but enjoying it, the setter has an original mindset! Not clear on who/what the wisher is, though I have most of the phrase. It's probably an answer I haven't got yet. Any gentle hints appreciated. Thank you.
29 of 92  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th August 2012, 18:38
http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/266353/offset/10

Mrs T

As Trevor might say poetically...Bog(s) off?
30 of 92  -   Report This Post