CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

djawhufc

5th August 2012, 23:27
Just got round to this a very enjoyable solve. Needed the wordplay for dorsally and anti trade.

A tremendous effort as always from you Les. I know you don't want any reward but I wondered whether a small token of thanks like a chambers crossword dictionary might be in order- I'd certainly be happy to contribute. What do others think?
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th August 2012, 23:29
bog-off!!
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

6th August 2012, 10:30
It would appear that my suggestion hasn't gone down well with that spirit of generosity Trevor.

I am surprised that he would reply in such an aggressive fashion- I suppose you can't help it if you have been dragged up rather than brought up correctly.
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th August 2012, 10:35
Hi djawhufc,
I like the idea of showing our gratitude to Les, but I would be very surprised if he doesn't already own dictionaries - I always wonder why they are offered as prizes in crossword competitions!
14 of 23  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th August 2012, 10:36
Oh, and I think trevor was suggesting waiting to take advantage of a "Buy One, Get One Free" offer
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th August 2012, 12:10
I too think trevor was referring to the buy one get one free deals....

He is cheeky, but not rude....well maybe sometimes...x
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

6th August 2012, 12:47
By the sound of it I have responded in haste. If that is the case then I apologise to Trevor.

17 of 23  -   Report This Post

les40

6th August 2012, 16:00
Thanks for the kind offer dja, I too feel trevor is having a jolly jape with you, sometimes his comments can be viewed as obnoxious, however, they are usually writings of his sharp wit.
Only a couple of books that are mentioned on here that I haven't got, which is the Bradfords & The Merriam-Webster dictionaries, and I have survived without them up to now so you don't need to bust a gut trying to rally round as I love doing the Joint Effort (it's the wordplay file that is a bit of a ball-ache at times). I only really use the Chambers and a Thesaurus for solving but have 8 books to hand when constructing clues for my crosswords. The Chambers dictionary £40, The Chambers Crossword Dictionary £30, Roget's Thesaurus £20, Webster's Reference Thesaurus £1.99p, Chambers Phrase file £6.99p, Hutchinsons Factfinder £15, Bloomsbury Anagram finder (This book's a God send)£12.99p, And a small crossword Dictionary for quick ref's that cost me about 50p. And I also have the internet at my fingertips.

Anyway, i've more or less finished the Triple Teaser now. Just popping out for some bits and pieces of shopping and will format it when I get back and stick it up on the forum later for anyone who fancies a go.
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

6th August 2012, 21:22
...i really should have stuck a smiley on the end of that post.
i have lots of respect for both Les and dja.
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

paul

12th August 2012, 13:26
bumping up for late starters (such as myself...)
20 of 23  -   Report This Post