CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

4th June 2012, 12:27
From Free Online Dictionary:

put down
6. To consume (food or drink) readily; put away: puts down three big meals a day.
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

rambler

4th June 2012, 13:22
Not a put down, aristo?
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th June 2012, 13:35
Wouldn't dream of it.
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th June 2012, 14:07
Rosalind, your fame is spreading across the globe. After showing your cake to facebook friends (private, not public) the compliments, so far, are:
"Beautiful, God save my waistline" (from Adelaide, S.A.) "just amazing, too good to eat" (from South of France) "what a talent" (Birmingham !!)
J
34 of 38  -   Report This Post

mondrian

4th June 2012, 14:26
What a fantastic cake, Rosalind. And you have only made 11 cakes so far. It looks far too good to eat but given half a chance I would tuck in.

I too remember the Coronation. My first sight of TV. Was fascinated by everything. Apart from the main players and events I remember Queen Salote of Tonga who so enjoyed being in her carriage and waving to the crowds. Happy days!
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

rosalind

4th June 2012, 16:19
It's on Facebook 3 times over, then! And the crown is going to be put on eBay in aid of our local church. Buyer collects; sorry far-flung friends. One man actually pushed over the cross on the top deliberately. I didn't say a word.
In the end my son and 2 year old grandson cut it.
A Good Day. Now back to JE number 6. Thank you, Les, for suggesting this thread and everyone for their encouragement. x
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

les40

4th June 2012, 16:23
I feel it had to be mentioned and displayed for people to see, it is a truly magnificent piece of artwork.
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

4th June 2012, 17:34
Yes a wotk of art !
Reading this thread reminded me of anectode
A woman takes her pet Rottweiller to the vet , fearing it was becoming cross-eyed . After a thorough examination the exhausted vet says " Very sorry but I've got to put him down "
" Just because he's a bit cross-eyed ? " asked the tearful owner .

The vet replied "... no , he's bloody heavy ... "
38 of 38  -   Report This Post