CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

night owl

25th May 2012, 02:52
Mondrian - No, definitely not an early morning person.My last 2 posts were very late even for me. I strayed into the territory of the larks. Not good. Will slap myself on the wrist.
31 of 41  -   Report This Post

butterfly

25th May 2012, 18:34
Yet again another late start for me as I only got back from a few days in Cornwall yesterday evening. Gorgeous weather. Finished it with some difficulty for the last couple of clues, got them eventually but thanks to several posts on here which just confirmed my answers. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather and not getting too sunburnt!
32 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th May 2012, 18:45
hi butterfly
It is sizzling hot down here. I think a lot of the forum members have been out in the sun today.
See you next week.
J
33 of 41  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

27th May 2012, 19:22
Greetings all. Well, better late than never, I am back and grateful for your hints for the latest puzzle. Have been dealing with great family sadness over the last couple of months, so haven't felt much like crosswording - although I did become a manic Killer-Sudoku-er. Night Owl - you are as bad as me - Ijust love the quiet of the night and sometimes the larks have to wait for me to go to bed before they can get up! Now, down to business - can anyone supply me with a clue for 8a and 5d - they have me flummoxed, but then I am out of practice. Thank you all, and enjoy the sunny days..
34 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th May 2012, 19:52
Hello angelmcm
First of all, I'm sorry to hear you have been through a sad time. Hope that things are now improving for you.
8a Word begins with German for "yes" + un***** = = cynical (also having a yellow colour)
5d a ****** of lies perhaps.
It is too hot for me here. But now enjoying the fresher evening air. About to watch Socceraid !
J
35 of 41  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

27th May 2012, 20:20
Thank you jazzgirl - gotcha ..
36 of 41  -   Report This Post

mondrian

28th May 2012, 10:40
Hi angelmcm. Welcome back to the crossword doers forum and sorry to hear about your sad news. I too puzzled over that clue with the answer starting `ja`.
37 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th May 2012, 10:43
Good morning Mondrian
The coolness of the Library must be welcome.
It is very hot here and I am off to mow a lawn. I must be mad, but it has to be done.
J
38 of 41  -   Report This Post

mondrian

28th May 2012, 10:58
Jazzgirl. Good to hear from you. The heat even here is pretty intense. I have had to resort to keeping my curtains closed all day to keep the sun out so that the lounge is bearable to sit in. Good luck with the lawn. I told you previously about trying to turn my lawn into a wild flower meadow. Well the first sowings did not work, so last week I re-did it with more seeds. Hopefully with the heat these seeds will actually germinate. Fingers crossed!!
39 of 41  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

28th May 2012, 15:07
Thank you Mondrian - it is indeed good to back to some kind of normality. Our dear, funny, grand-daughter, (aged 3, nearly 4), died of leukaemia at the end of March after the most terrific struggle. So, it was indeed a very sad and anxious time. The weather here in France this year has been extraordinary. so little gardening done here so far, and now it's almost too hot! Looking forward to receiving my scanned copy of RT tomorrow so I can forget the veg patch is lying unattended.... and unproductive..
40 of 41  -   Report This Post