CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

22nd May 2012, 17:15
Yaaayyyy, dunnit....
Now I can have my dinner and a glass of wine - fitting reward!!
best wishes to you all
Chris
11 of 41  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

22nd May 2012, 17:37
Hi, chris4food. Yes, the very one. She seemed to have whining down to a fine art. Not that I should criticise. I do a fair whine, myself.

P
12 of 41  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd May 2012, 18:18
Oh, are you a w[h]ine maker, Pipesmoker???? I'm very partial to a glass of the old vino myself, too.....
13 of 41  -   Report This Post

old gal

22nd May 2012, 19:24
Chris - no, missed spiral, partly due to my mistrust of all things french! Like foreign films for same reason tho sometimes I have a 'bad signal' notice all across the bottom of my screen obscuring subtitles. Grrrrrrr. Wish I had some wine - can't summon the energy to go to the shops! Cheers!
14 of 41  -   Report This Post

chris4food

22nd May 2012, 22:17
Hi Old gal, sorry you won't be able to imbibe this evening, so I'll have one on your behalf!
Cheers
Chris
15 of 41  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd May 2012, 23:13
Hi Everyone. Glad to say no problems this week.
Had such a struggle with 20 and 21 - I suppose i was just tired. Now they`re finished, will someone please tell me the answer to 14d in RT 21? I`ve got the first word `High` then ?l?e?.
By the way, we sailed under The Bridge very late one night. Everyone cheered. Mags.
16 of 41  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd May 2012, 23:31
Correction. That should read High ?L?A?. I thought anagram of `table` but only came up with `bleat`! M.
17 of 41  -   Report This Post

cantersue

22nd May 2012, 23:40
Hi. 14d Answer is two words which sound like(loudly) a greeting and to change giving the name of a table in church.
18 of 41  -   Report This Post

night owl

23rd May 2012, 06:03
Hello Folks! I think I've done it, but for 21A I have a word meaning "plain" but I don't quite see how the clue relates. I also think "intricate network" is a strange meaning for 5D. Glad to see so many enjoyed The Bridge.Is that right, Chris4food? New Wallander? I thought it finished for good when he went off to Stockholm. I hope you mean the good Swedish one, not the abysmal BBC version! I have changed my name from Davaldo Because I never really liked it and this one I think suits me.(why?- notice the times I log on).
19 of 41  -   Report This Post

chrisg

23rd May 2012, 06:08
Good Morning Night Owl 21a is an anagram of the last two words of the clue
20 of 41  -   Report This Post