CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

24th May 2012, 03:46
So sorry about your eyesight ...

No,no, no...no cheap jokes...
51 of 65  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th May 2012, 11:08
Hi friends.

I'm quite overcome by your kindness. Thanks to YOU ALL.
Jazzy, as you'll see from my cut-and-pastes below your kind request was acted upon. I tried replying to Norah and got the message "421 sources temporarily unavailable - please try again later". Nevertheless my email to Norah is shown in my £sent messages" box, so I don't know if she's received it or not.

Travor guessed correctly (see below). I was just trimming the Leylandii and was not spirited away by the conifer witch.

Loved the amusing stories. Particularly loved the concerned messahes. THANKS.

Love

J

From Norah.
Hi John

Your friends on the Crossword forum are concerned that you haven’t posted since you said you were going out to do some tree felling, they are so worried about you that they have asked me to send you an e-mail asking if you are OK. I really hope that you didn’t injure yourself and ask that you re-assure your friends on the forum that all is well.

All the best,

Regards

NORAH YOUNG

My reply:-

Norah

How lovely! It’s really nice to know I’m missed and very much appreciate your email.

Just as I was about to post my usual solutions on Tuesday last at 1730, my internet connection went down. A BT recorded message told me there was an extensive problem in my area and they expected to have it fixed within an hour. It was still kaput at midnight. I’m away from home most Wednesdays and have just gone on line this morning. There was your kind message. I must say, I’m ‘speechless. Thanks to you and all my friends on the forum. I’ll get up there when I’ve sent this.

With love

John
52 of 65  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th May 2012, 11:11
Yaay! Welcome back Jolan.
Yet another Leylandii I'm finishing mine today!!!
53 of 65  -   Report This Post

andyc

24th May 2012, 11:13
Both pleased and relieved to know that you are OK Jolan.Welcome back.
54 of 65  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th May 2012, 11:13
Here is the message I was about to post on Tuesday when my 'net' went down.

Thank you. We seem to have reduced to a small steady group.

Ari’ SPYGLASS seems to have 'stamped' this answer for everyone. I agree, it is a solution (which I didn't spot). I must be more careful on all fronts next week.

Thanks again Ari, Peterm, Jazzy xx and Andyc; lovely to 'see' you all.

My clue for 2A is stronger for another answer, while 'spyglass' is absolutely acceptable. Mea culpa.

?O???O??

Since this is just a straight cryptic, I can append my other workings and leave 2A till later (after I've fed my face lol)

Bless all, for the mo

J

1. STALLION = the mount. It’s “in” there (including).
3. (complex anag [doctor])of “antiseptically” – “type a” = SCINTILLA
4. (seconds) ICENI
5. (cryptic) = DECREASE
55 of 65  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th May 2012, 11:14
Ta muchly Andy.
56 of 65  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th May 2012, 11:15
And, of course, Jazzy XXX
57 of 65  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

24th May 2012, 12:02
Oh, great. Jolan's resurrected and now we have to worry about jazzgirl. Can't you people stay out of the trees for a day or two?
58 of 65  -   Report This Post

bernie

24th May 2012, 12:07
Or maybe turn over a new leaf!........Sorry.
59 of 65  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

24th May 2012, 12:18
Happy to see that pastille's spirit of adventure hasn't flagged since the days of her Turkish exploits ("Take my camel, dear") and that she's progressed from jet-skiing in shark-infested waters to slug-hunting. I envision her with a look of ruthless determination- and a Turkish sword of course.
60 of 65  -   Report This Post